1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I gay or trans or both?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by SimonSnow, May 31, 2016.

1. SimonSnow

I hate this so, so much. I have no idea who I am.
    Problems: 1. I have most of the signs of being trans, as one of my goals as a small child was to be female, I feel more comfortable in female clothing, and I regularly wish I was born female. I act female. My closest friends are female.
    BUT..........
    2. I have no dysphoria and actually like my body and genitals. And whenever I fantasize it's two guys not two differently gendered people.
    3. Puberty is fucking up my brain. What if I'm actually straight and cis?
    4. But wait I've had straight crushes before puberty started...except for all of them became my friends...so maybe I just thought that super meaningful friendships were crushes? Now I want to have sex with boys. And men.

Am I gay or trans?

2. Snoww

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Tbh, I can relate. Tho I don't exactly act as a guy, I do ( not completely ) consider myself a guy. It's basically what you think you are. Some trans people don't mind being in the body they have since they were born, some don't like it at all.

Puberty is fucking with me too xD

I have had crushes on guys since I was young, but they weren't real crushes ( I don't know how to explain this but like, it was real selfish what I was doing x3 ) because I felt that guys treated me better than my friends, who almost paid no attention to me. ( Plus I never thought I could date girls at that time ).

I'm thinking that you might be trans, but that's simply from what you've told me, being trans is very different from one person to another. You gotta find out what you are without the opinions of others.

Good luck! c:

3. andimon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Then I should be trans too. And I'm not. Listen, the dysphoria part is the whole reason people transition. If you feel comfortable in your body and with your genitals (you actually like it. I don't always and still wouldn't transition), and also fantasize about you (male) being with another male, then you have your answer right there. I don't advise to start anything before you finish with this emotional crappy hormonal hurricane period (which I apparently never went through, everything has been all clear to me) called puberty.

4. Fairybread

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm just going to chime in here and respectfully disagree. Some trans people never experience dysphoria. It doesn't invalidate them as trans, or make them less trans somehow. Deciding not to transition is the same. Some trans people choose not to transition because they feel okay in their birth body, or because they can't afford to, or because they are not in a place where they are safe to do so. None of these scenarios make you less trans.

OP - i can't answer your question, but I can ask you another - do you feel like you are a gender other than the one assigned at birth? Because the case may be that you are neither male nor female, but perhaps something in between, or neither. This is a question only you can answer, and it can be a long process. Gender and sex are two different things, as is presentation. As for who you're attracted to - don't worry about a label there yet. Just work out if you like guys, girls, both, or neither for now. Perhaps look up the difference between romantic and sexual orientation - these often match, but not always.

5. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    IMO, if you don't identify with the gender you were assigned at birth, then you fall under the trans umbrella somewhere. There's a lot of trans people who are comfortable with their bodies and don't feel the need to transition medically. That's all okay too.