1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How Do Tell If Someone is a Closet Case?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by HeavenMade, Jun 2, 2016.

1. HeavenMade

Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm not sure of as to whether or not this is the appropriate forum for a post such as this, but I've been pondering upon it for nearly three years and still have tremendous difficulty in figuring it out.

So, in July of 2013, I had come out to an ex-friend who happened to be my unrequited love interest as bisexual. She, too, said that she was also bi, and like me, leaned more towards girls. I was ecstatic. In my mind, I thought, If I wait for the right chance, I can tell her how I feel!
    Yet, it did seem odd to me when she told me that she preferred females over males, since she had only had boyfriends. She did express to me over that summer that she was going to have sex with a slightly-older girl, but I never actually discovered if she did or not.
    Fast-forward a few months. Separated from her, desperate and lonely, I sent a lengthy love letter to her over a Facebook message, unsure of as to whether I would see her or not ever again. I later learned from some friends that she had a boyfriend and found me to be "disgusting" and "creepy."

Since then, we had seen one another again, yet we stopped talking on a regular basis about a year ago, especially since I heard from some of my friends (who, sadly, I'm no longer friends with) that she was talking about me behind her back, accusing me of "stalking" her, referring to me with the same adjectives as above, and found me to be "annoying" because I always wanted to share my art and poetry with her.

My question about her being a closet case lies in the fact that she CONSTANTLY complains, from what I observe, about not having a boyfriend, or that this boyfriend cheated on her, and the like. She seems to heavily-suppress any attraction to females that she may harbor, and dates males constantly to fill that void. I've heard of so many people doing this to try to appear as "normal" as possible. Could someone please advise me?

2. bryaninau

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There are people that do that and I was one, however I never dated nor did what it seems she did. If people come from a very strong religious family it can be the reason why this happens, it becomes drilled into our heads that we must date the opposite sex its the way nature intended if you will. I thought I could make myself like girls if I was around them a lot turned out I could. If I ever did date it would be unfair to the other that I would never truly feel the way they would about me.

Back to your matter at hand, it seems like she hates the fact you can do something like that and be open about your feelings. That's not easy for someone to do no matter what sex or orientation you are. Those who are jealous of the fact you can be open will do thinks like call you names, talk about you to others, it makes them feel big and touch inside. Here's what I would do, I would not even associate with her anymore, since she is doing those things its a very toxic environment for you to be in and around. You better off staying away for the time being. I would wager that she is a closeted bisexual and is not ready to face the world in the light.

3. HeavenMade

Out Status:
    A few people

I personally find it to be painfully-obvious that she is a closeted bisexual, because she seems to often get much too close to her female friends, hugging them, pulling them very close and tight to her, letting them pick her up, wrapping her leg around their waist, and other things that I don't see straight girls do as often with their same-sex friends. When she had initially told me that she was bi, she told me that she tried coming out to her mom, and her mother had smacked her across the face and told her that she was "too young" to know whether or not she liked girls as well as boys. Then again, I cannot verify the validity of such a statement. I have been avoiding her entirely for a year, now, even though it is difficult because I have loved her since the end of 2012 and it is very difficult for me to move on, especially because I have Asperger's syndrome and am now down to only a single friend offline. She completely ignores my existence nowadays, anyhow, so it doesn't actually hurt as bad as it did when she ignored me and yet I tried so hard to talk to her.