1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My sister is blackmailing me...

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by The Falcon, Jun 3, 2016.

1. The Falcon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    So two years ago my sister suspected I am gay so she confronted me and I denied it... But since that dreadful experience there has been certain tension between us... Unspoken disgust from her part, and anxiety from my part.

So today she sent me a video of Obama saying that he proudly accepts gays and Muslims to serve in the military. I replied (on Facebook): Bravo for Obama. She replied back: Bravo for what? So I said jokingly: well I am pro-gay and pro-Muslim, sweet sister... And then she said: don't you dare call me sweet sister if you are pro-gay, and tell it to your poor mother so she can be ready...

I just replied back with WTF, and hahahahaha. But in truth I am terrified. She opened a traumatic experience that we both left unspoken for couple of years just like that. For what she knows I might have been ironic, which I was, but she took it to be very personal.

She is a very angry and bitter person, and she has a lot of psychological issues, but I love her no matter what. I just fear that she might destroy my life...

2. RGEm

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I don't really have any experience with this situation at all, but if your family are homophobic, maybe you could try talking about LGBT rights every once in a while? You might be able to open up their minds a bit more, and hopefully you would be able to be more comfortable in your own home. Maybe you could try talking to your sister as well to calm her down? I don't really know what advice to be honest...
    I hope you are feeling okay now :slight_smile: