Finding a girlfriend while in high school?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by gnolka, Jun 5, 2016.

1. gnolka

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I'm a 16 year old closeted lesbian. I live in a super small, conservative, republican town, and there aren't a lot a people my age. My graduating class only has 70 people, so I know everyone at my school. I would really love to be able to find a girlfriend, but it can't be someone at my school since I know everyone, and I just don't know where else to meet people. My town is extremely small, and there is little to do here. I just don't know what to do. I've been telling myself to wait until college, but I've never had a relationship and I really want that experience. It's not that I feel pressure to get a girlfriend because I've never been in a relationship, it's just that I'm really ready to explore my sexuality. So, do you have any advice on how to meet people in a small town where it seems like everyone is straight (and 30 years older than me)? I play sports and volunteer a lot. I go to the pool, but there's always people from my school or adults with there kids there. No hot girls :lol:

2. DreamerBoy17

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Would it be possible for you to travel a little to a bigger town for a meetup with queer people? There are a lot of organizations that might host youth nights for LGBT people. I live in a bigger city in PA, and one of the people that goes to my youth group comes in from an hour away. Of course, this would depend on whether or not you are out to your parents.