1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Opening up

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by whattodo90, Jun 6, 2016.

1. whattodo90

whattodo90 Guest

So my fiancée came out last year as bisexual
    Since then we have talked and talked and talked about her being with a girl, threesomes etc etc.
    Now she does not want me to be involved as she wants it to be her own thing without me.
    I do kind of get it.
    She knows I have thought about having sex with men but not probably not to the extent it actually is for me.
    Everywhere I have been reading about bi woman in straight relationships seems to be the norm that their male partners should be accepting and let them have their fun.
    As I said I do get it but with regards to my own partner, she is bi and wants me to be fully accepting and understanding of her being with a woman by herself. When I challenge this and say well I'm straight and also attracted to woman would you understand and accept me being with someone else? All she says is "it's different because it's a girl for me and not a man" am I the only one that thinks sleeping with someone else when in a relationship is still sleeping with someone else?

2. Pi Fermat

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Yes that is a very interesting point. To put it bluntly, sleeping with someone is still sleeping with someone, however driving this point home isn't going to win hearts regardless of how correct it is. Honesty and communication is a good start, at least she is trying to do the right thing. Perhaps consider this, would she be ok with you being curious (as a hypothetical) with a guy?

It is a complex dilemma. I can see her perspective of wanting to experience the other side, but she should also be fair to you. It would be a shame if what you two had fell apart because of this.