1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Confused

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Blueyes40, Jun 8, 2016.

1. Blueyes40

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Hello all! I got a situation on my hands that I need help with. I have a best friend that is a few yrs younger than myself, and knows I'm a lesbian and is cool with it. I mean we get along so well, best friends ever . She says she is straight and has a boy friend.The thing is, through the years we have known each other , things she has done ,makes me wonder about her. She at times gets super close to me, and presses her boobs up against my arm or my back and will say what ya doing, or she will find ways of touching me ,like my hair,face ,neck line or my back. She even brings up things about what I've said in the past in a group of friends that I didn't even think mattered to her . She makes lil comments like saying yeah I mentioned to her (me) about our age difference and she got weirded out or if I would of known sooner I could of made a move . She posted to me that she was in love with me on social media and when she seen me the next day , she was the first to bring it up and said you see what I posted about you , I jokingly said yup what did you have to drink she replied not a damn thing , I meant what I said! Right now she is with a guy and is happy but she seems to be sending me signals that has me all kinds of confused. What do you all think?

2. RGEm

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Maybe she's bi or pan? Honestly, I have no clue. Pretty much all the girls I know do this kind of shit all the time, and I think they're straight. Either that or all the girls in my school are gay. Confuses me all the time tbh.
    It could be that she likes you, but it could also be that she just feels really comfortable around you. Maybe the best thing to do would be to find out her sexuality by casually asking her? Sorry I can't help much :slight_smile:

3. Ruby Dragon

Ruby Dragon Well-Known Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome to EC!

It's hard to distinguish between friendship-love and romantic-love sometimes. And in all honesty, I think "I love you" has become such a normalized phrase that it has lost most of its true meaning. Sometimes people say it as a joke/as if it's just another phrase. But to those of us who use those words sparingly and only say it when we really mean it, it's confusing if someone else tells us they love us, because what we know as love and what they know as love, isn't always the same.

In this case, though, I think she was sincere. It isn't necessarily a romantic love confession, but she maybe just felt the need to express that she really values you and wanted you to know that you're not just another friend. You're something more. Or, perhaps she really does have feelings for you and it took a lot of guts for her to admit it to you. I think the best thing to do here is to ask her about it. Ask her what she meant by it, ask her to elaborate on her answer. Ask her to go into specifics of exactly what she meant by it. That's probably the best way to go about this. Good luck! (*hug*)

4. SecretLilCj21

You could always tell her how you feel. Tell her how much she's confusing you and maybe you could finally start to understand with her help. I understand that it could quite possible make things awkward, but I'm sure you two could come out of it the same or even stronger.

5. confusedbubble

Yes I'd ask her what she means by the I love you thing that she put on social media. Tell her it's confusing you because she said I love you but she has a boyfriend so is it as friends or does she mean more. Or next time she gets super close you could ask her "are you flirting with me?" If she says yeh then you could tell her how you feel about her