1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who else has gone through this ?Please share your experiences

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Rains, Jun 8, 2016.

1. Rains

Hi all; I'm lying here unable to sleep ( Sydney ; Australia time ) and pondering with a sense of both excitement but also frustration about where I am right now in life. You see over the last four weeks I literally walked away from everything that once made up my life only to realise I didn't actually have that much to Wal away from to begin with. More importantly it was the realisation that I cannot ever go back to a conventional life ie. A 9-5 in one place paying bills and meeting friends over drinks; withstanding small talk; going on dates ( I neither enjoy nor want to actually engage with as I personally find it a banal mode of meeting someone) or any other semblance of s life that resembles a somewhat affluent twenty something in a typically affluent western country. This hasn't just come out of nowhere I think it's something that has been building up for a very long time as I feel this inner calling to be something else; to be a part of change in the world, to ensure others are given the chances I was given largely out of luck ( by being born into middle class parents in a prosperous and wealthy part of the world). I do volunteer ; do a lot of pro-Bono
    Work and in general try to stay connected with the world however this does not feel like enough for me ; not in the slightest and I cannot shake this feeling at all.....the trick now is how to translate this into the outcomes I want to achieve and not feel overwhelmed by the enormity of it .......who
    Else has felt this way or has felt something similar to this .....id really like to hear your experiences ; please share them if you can and how did you come to
    Terms with it ...did you follow that inner voice.?

Ps. I also recognise that this not of course everyone's world view however it is mine and one I feel very very passionate about

---------- Post added 8th Jun 2016 at 12:16 PM ----------

Hi it's me again ....reading back I just wanted to correct what was perhaps a poor choice of words ; when I mean " I didn't have much to begin with " this is not to denigrate the many things I have been blessed with ; in that regard I have plenty; what I an referring to is about fufillment; purposeful existence and living with intent.

2. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Congrats! You realized that you weren't satisfied with the life you were living, so you decided to change that. As you left your "old" life in the last few weeks, I'd say it is normal to feel what you are feeling.

Follow your hear and I'm sure you'll have few regrets :slight_smile:

#2 HM03, Jun 13, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2016