1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is the amount I've been thinking about death lately weird/bad?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by kibou97, Jun 8, 2016.

1. kibou97

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Firstly, I do want to establish I am not suicidal and don't have suicidal thoughts so there is no concern in that area. Recently, I read an old news story from 2011 about someone dieing in a car crash because their boyfriend failed to yield when they were supposed to. I can't think as to why but for some reason this affected me hard. I hadn't even heard of this story or knew of these people at all until two or three days ago but something about it struck a cord within me and I have been unable to quit thinking about death. I can't quit thinking of what may possibly happen to someone after they die and can't help but fear it. It's been on my mind nonstop since reading the story and it's become more difficult for me to focus on other things, I still can but immediately after I'm done with said task, I go back to thinking more about this. I feel i should also mention that the last death that happened to someone near to me was in 2010, it had nothing to do with car crashes at all, and i've already mourned and moved on from it a while back. Is this odd for someone my age to be thinking about and should i be concerned about it?

2. Funny, it happened to me as well, two years ago, when I visited shakespeare's grave. Haven't been able to stop thinking about it ever since either.

3. kibou97

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thanks, it is a bit more comforting that someone else has gone through something similar.

4. But, honestly, it doesn't make me as anxious as it did at the time. I mean, it's always in the back of my mind, but it doesn't give me panic attacks like it did at first. So, I would suggest giving it some time, and try to distract yourself with hobbies/school, etc. After a while, it won't be the only thing you think about anymore :slight_smile:

5. kibou97

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thank you so much for the advice! I'll try and stay focused on other tasks so that I can stop having this anxiety about it.