1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New job, additional problems

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Andstillimhere7, Jun 11, 2016.

1. Andstillimhere7

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    So I got a job and now my parents are against the idea because they need me around the house to do chores as well as errands. And that 7.25 isn't that much meaning that they want me to make more. Additionally, I have to find a way to pay insurance because now that i'll be making my own money and that I won't be eligible for insurance. If I drop out now my friend is going to get in trouble because I was automatically hired to the job because I was referred to my friend. I also need the money to move out and get my own place to live. My parents don't know that since I am keeping it a secret. This is what I get for trying to be independent:dry:. I seriously don't know what to do. I just wanted to move out of the house but my parents won't allow that because of some unknown reason. This is the bullshiz I have to deal with. :help:

2. Gravity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    At the risk of putting you in an awkward situation - if you're 20 years old, why can't you move out? I.e., what would happen if you did? There may be a lot of financial needs you still have from your parents, which is of course very normal (and very common now), but it's also very normal to want to branch out at this point in life.

Insurance can be doable in a variety of ways - the Affordable Care Act is one cheap way to get ahold of it. So that may be an option to explore. You should still be able to purchase insurance directly from other insurance companies too, though that can be more expensive.

Perhaps once you get enough saved up for moving out, you could have a conversation with your parents about what to do - there may be a happy medium that you could agree on, or you might be able to convince them of the importance of this to you (even if this involves you not being out to them yet). But, I'm imagining such a conversation isn't possible in the moment? Why are they resistant to you getting your own place?