1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I just live here. But the pain from the Orlando shootings is fat too much

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by johnnyr860, Jun 13, 2016.

1. johnnyr860

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm stuck at work for another 5 hours. The club is right down the street from the mall where I work and about 10 minutes away from where I live here in Orlando. My mom said the guy who does her nails is a good friend of hers. He posted a picture on Facebook when he arrived at the club no one's heard from him since. My mom said she called and texted many times but he never answered it was later discovered he was one of the people who died that night.

2 people at the mall who work at Gucci upstairs were confirmed dead when they didn't show up for work yesterday. A friend from work lost 3 of his friends 2 shot dead the others in a coma. Our other work friend works at this club overnight she is ok but a close friend of hers died that same night. Then I went to Zaxbys for lunch today and I lost it when I saw a picture of a guy who worked there next to the register with a caption that read "I'm in heaven now." I asked and the cashier confirmed he was killed too. It's just been hell for all of us here. I hid in the bathroom to type this. I just wanna cry again. Wishing I could hug someone like I hugged my mom last night when I told her how much I loved her.

I'm sorry for my typos I'm a mess and I also didn't want to stay in the bathroom too long.

#1 johnnyr860, Jun 13, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2016
  2. thrashgal

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    omg im so sorry(*hug*):icon_sad: this must be devistating....i live in cali and dont watch tv but it has been on several pages that ive come across today, this is so insane...its just really mind boggling to me how sumone could hate us lgbt+ people so much that they actually go out of their way to murder innocent people to prove how much they dislike it...i wish people would mind their own damn business and let everyone be who they are...damn dude i cant even imagine what u must be going thru...

3. johnnyr860

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thank you its been rough but we are managing ok. If I didn't have to work so late I would have gone to the candlelight vigil being held in downtown at 7 but I'm stuck here. It's been a quiet but steady work shift I will say that.

4. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm so sorry... :frowning2:

5. johnnyr860

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's ok I'm home now. I think I'm just gonna get some much needed sleep and call it a night. My ex randomly texted me while I was at work to see if I was ok and I was like really man? Everything happened before yesterday and you're just now wondering how I am? I said it's whatever but that I was fine since I wasn't there but that I knew of people who had died. It's unfortunate that these things happen but I know these people are in a better place now.

6. peterw78165

peterw78165 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's been hard for me to get by with this whole situation too, and I'm clear across the country in Oregon.

7. thrashgal

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    yea, idk why this just hit home..like honestly all the other tragic events that have happened didnt really faze me..like i kno how fuked up that sounds but i didnt feel anything for 911 or the marathon one but this one actually made me feel kinda sad...and angry...