1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

curiosity, don't necessarily want to be only one

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by EmH25, Jun 13, 2016.

1. EmH25

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi, i was just wondering if there are any other Jehovah's witnesses on here, feel a bit lonely sometimes i haven't seen any other Jehovah's witnesses on here yet..... so if there is please know let me

2. Spartan 117

Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello! I'm sorry it's taken a couple of days for you to get a reply. In fact, there are quite a few people here who come from, or have experience with, a Jehovah's Witness background.

I was raised as a Jehovah's Witness since I was very young, so I'm quite familiar with their practices. How are you doing? Being LGBT and a Jehovah's Witness isn't much fun is it? Some of the people here are quite angry at the religion as a whole - my experience is that some of them are nice people, but I find their attitude towards LGBT people wholly misguided.

It was because of this that I eventually left the religion - or to be more precise, I came out and as I refused to believe that being in a gay relationship was wrong, my views were incompatible with their religious guidelines.

It's no wonder you feeling a bit lonely. As you know, young Jehovah's Witness people aren't encouraged to make friends outside of their faith - so when everyone around you shares the same opinion (for example, about being LGBT) it's hard to find someone to talk to.

Also, explaining to people outside of the faith exactly what's involved can be... complicated. People ask so many questions and usually make assumptions that it's a creepy cult, which I don't think it is - though it's a strict religion which does have some rules that look very odd to people on the 'outside'.

So, what I'm trying to say, is that I get it. :slight_smile: As I'm a staff member, you're welcome to send me a PM if you need to talk!

3. EmH25

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    No it is really not fun, i appreciate knowing that they are more people on here who understand. You are right most witnesses are very nice but not usually lgbt friendly, i was dealing with a couple elders a while back about male w male fanfiction, one elder said he didn't want to even talk about that stuff, he wasn't mean he was raised in the truth and he can't wrap his head around lgbt ideas,, but they haven't treated me much different yet, at least the ones who know but that is probably because I'm not actually in a relationship....if i didn't need to help w my lil brother who's almost 6 and autistic, I'd have left last year....i am staying for right now, if anything changes I'll let you know. Thanks for giving me hope,

4. EmH25

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    So, stuffs has come up, i won't be on here for awhile....when things are settled I'll let u know how I'm doing