1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I like older girls and don't know how to tell my parents

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Trigger, Jun 13, 2016.

1. Trigger

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    About a year ago I was in Florida with my aunt, her friend Tracey and Tracey's daughter Whitney. We were at the beach and Whitney made a side comment on how she believes I'm going to be into older girls. She wasn't wrong, I do like older girls. I'm only 16 and I want to be in a relationship with someone in there 20's. I know that is way to old for me and that I may never be in a relationship with anyone that age. But I like girls that age. Whitney is 27 and I catch my self thinking about her often. I want to tell my aunt that I've been thinking about her best friends daughter, and that I want a relationship with her. I'm scared of what my aunt will do or how she will react. My aunt already told me once that she supports me being lesbian but she will not support me liking older girls. I feel bad keeping this from her. Does anyone have any helpful advice for me? It would be greatly appreciated.

2. idcidc

You can just throw it out there but it wouldn't probably be good.You can wait a couple of years till you're 18 and then you decide.

3. mirkku

Likw idcidc said: please wait a couple years more.

4. thrashgal

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    agreed with everyone above, wait till ur atleast 18, im gonna be 27 next month and no way would i date a 16 year old girl (no offense) it just seems so wrong

5. Trigger

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Thank you for the advice. I'll wait a few more years. I may not be into older girls in a couple of years.

6. Uncolored

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey Trigger, okay so a few things. I am going to be really straight forward here. You are so young! When you are in your 20s you will date people in their 20s. Don't sweat it! Ages are just numbers but you are too young to be in a relationship with someone in their 20s.
    I will tell you this. Don't tell your aunt. Keep it to yourself. There isn't a reason to tell her and it may make your aunt uncomfortable. However, admiring a 27 year old is completely normal. That is no different than a teenage boy pinning up posters of models in bikinis on their wall.
    You are so young! You have so much ahead of you! Don't rush into anything just yet, there are plenty of opportunities ahead of you. And side note: the LGBTQ community tends to be 21+ friendly anyways so you have plenty of time. Maybe join the GSA club at your high school?