1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mad/sad/betrayed: A whole range of emotions

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by ThatOneDude123, Jun 14, 2016.

1. ThatOneDude123

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So i recently had a falling out with my best friend, which isn't the issue. I handled it maturely and made sure to be the bigger person. So today, his girlfriend texted me and I debated replying but I made the decision to. She asked me what I was doing and I said nothing wbu. She replied being silly with Collin(old best friend). I was like k because I saw no other way to respond. She proceeds to ask me if she can ask a question. I say sure. She proceeds to text me "What is your favorite flavor of dick?" I blocked her and decided not to feed the "monster." However, I can not believe they would be this immature and rude. It was such a low blow and I can't stop thinking about how rude it was. We are 15 so I can understand the immaturity. So here is my question. I can't stop dwelling on it and can't forget about this. What are some tips you guys have on forgetting when people do rude things intended to hurt you?

Thank you for the help in advance.

2. mirkku

Hi there! Like you've said - you have to be the bigger person. It might seem hard to let go, but you will have to.
    You will most likely not forget (for a while at least), but you also do not have to forgive and give second chances to these people. To ignore them from this point on might be the best solution for you, as feeding their ego by showing that you got hurt by such an immature reply.

Make yourself some nice hot chocolate cup, rage for 5 minutes, move on. Sadly more insults will come your way with time; it happens. Just smile, shake your head, and move on. Focus on people you feel safe and open with, vent these angry feelings to them... Easier said than done, yeah, but it is sad to lose hours dwelling on the bad stuff when you could focus on loving yourself and positive things. =)

And in the event she apologizes, accept it, and move on - again. Don't waste your time on people like this. Teenage years are tough! :wink:

3. ThatOneDude123

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Let me post a little update to this, Now he did it. Not just her. I will handle it in the same way...

4. Gravity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think you're making the right call. It's pretty clear that they're getting something out of trying to bother you with this (and being fairly insensitive along the way about it). Hesitant responses to his gf when you weren't sure what was up were fine, but at this point you know the drill, and the less you respond, the better. :slight_smile: Focus on other things and other friends!