1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Depression After This Weekend....

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by FallenAngel99, Jun 14, 2016.

1. FallenAngel99

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    After Christina Grimmie died, my depression hit me like a train. I cried for hours on end and I didn't know what to even think at that point. After I was starting to get over it, the nightclub in Orlando was attacked. I am a Junior in high school and have finals all of this week but all I can think about is what happened and i'm still feeling extreme depression over this. Like, how do you get over one of your role models being shot in cold blood and having over 100 members of your community being killed or critically injured just for loving who they are. I'm not sure how I am going to be able to handle this. :tears::tears::tears::tears:

#1 FallenAngel99, Jun 14, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2016
  2. Ravens

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi FallenAngel99,

I'm so sorry you're feeling like this :frowning2:

These recent events have been so devastating, and so it's completely understandable that you're feeling this way. The attack in Orlando was especially heartbreaking.

In my past, I really struggled with depression and so I can understand just how isolated and overwhelmed you may be feeling. One of the most helpful things that helped me was talk. Just talking to someone I trusted about how I felt really helped me to feel more capable of managing the pain I felt. I know it can be really frightening and difficult to initially open up, but is there someone at home or in your friendship group who you trust that you can talk to about how you're feeling? Just opening up and letting someone know that you're struggling can often provide a little bit of light, and help you feel less alone. You're also very welcome to vent here, as I would be more than happy to lend an ear if that would help at all!

I really hope you're feeling a little bit better, and know that we're always here if you need to talk. (*hug*)

#2 Ravens, Jun 14, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2016
  3. andimon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    All I can hope is that these tragic events will have a somewhat positive outcome in people's mentality. Maybe they'll understand WHY the LGBT community NEEDS more than social recognition. Otherwise, their deaths will have meant nothing, and this possibility brings me further down.

We should try to stay strong and hold on to any bit of hope for the better that is left.