1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Asking a straight friend to a nude beach?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Uncolored, Jun 16, 2016.

1. Uncolored

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    First off. I am not a creep.
    I started going to a nude beach in my state at the start of this summer. I absolutely love it, not because I like to look at other people (actually I could care less) but because I like being "free" myself, I'm a naturist. Life is so much better without tan lines too.

I told two of my straight female friends about my nude beach experience. Both of them have posed nude for me for some of my photo shoot projects (I'm a photographer and have photographed at least a dozen people nude). One of my friends I messaged and told her how liberated I felt after my first time at the nude beach. I know that she has gone to lakes and places topless before. She told me that she wanted to go to a nude beach once. I told her that she was welcome to come to the beach with me if she ever wanted to go, that I have a season pass and it would be free. I told her that the beach location is beautiful and has great bike trails. I got no response back, just a "seen" that she saw the message.

My other friend I told her in person after we had talked a bit. I told her about the beach's community, how beautiful the place is, and how people act the first time they go to the beach. She seemed interested.... I guess... so I told her that I wasn't asking people to go but that if she wanted to come she could. She said sure so I messaged her a few days later and told her when I was going next. I advised that she shouldn't go if she felt that she would be uncomfortable but that "it isn't as weird as it seems until you get there". No response, just a "seen" message. I watched her hop online just to read my message.

I'm a little bit worried because I am worried that I am somehow coming off as a creep. It is making me feel dirty when I am not trying to be. I'm also worried that these two girls figured out that I am gay (I keep it hidden on social media and I only tell certain people) and that they are being a bit homophobic about going with me. :icon_redf
    I am definitely not trying to hit on them, stare at them or anything like that.

What do you think as an outsider (as someone who has never been to a nude beach before) of a friend inviting you to a nude beach as a friendly outing?
    What do you think of my situation? Am I coming off a creep? Am I being unintentionally awkward? Is it weird to ask a friend if they want to come to come, as long as I have explained my past experience? I think that people do it all the time.

---------- Post added 16th Jun 2016 at 11:05 AM ----------

Added note: friend #2 ignored but saw a previous message I had sent her about two months ago, asking if she could help me shoot me nude for another photo project. Again I am an artist, and this is completely normal to me and in general it is normal in the art community.

2. andimon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Perhaps they figured they're not actually down for a nude experience and don't know how to approach you.

#2 andimon, Jun 16, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2016
  3. redstreak23

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yeah i agree with Andimon maybe when push came to shove maybe they got scared

4. thrashgal

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    agreed..

5. Uncolored

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ok, I guess that is a fair conclusion. Thanks