1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Struggling like CRAZY...I need to get over her immediately

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by username41489, Jun 16, 2016.

1. username41489

Hi all,

So the title says it all. I fell for someone who probably doesn't give a tiny rat's ass about me, and I'm going crazy. I used to dwell on the stupid "signs" she gave but now I know better and I need to move on like extremely fast. The fact that I'm 27 and haven't been in a relationship is a huge part of this plummet in self-esteem. I feel ugly, dumb, etc. - which when I type it out, I know it's not 100% true. I keep looking at her social media (the only one I have left is spotify), and I go crazy. I know I need to stop this immediately, but my will power is non-existent right now. Not to mention, I just finished grad school and I'm the only one out of my friends who is still in this city. Another major problem: she is staying too. This is so selfish of me, especially with a huge tragedy that struck the LGBT community...and maybe this is adding to my depression.

Can anyone out there maybe help me out on this? I feel totally alone and this is so unhealthy. Thank you for reading...I really appreciate it.

2. thrashgal

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    i feel you completely, i too am 26 (27 next month) nvr been in a relationship with a girl and i too am struggling to get over a girl who doesnt give a "tiny rats ass" about me...its been over 5 months almost 6 and i still think about her..i used to view her fb alot after i stopped talking to her and i read somewhere that doing that is only you torturing yourself so i compleltely stopped even tho i still feel the want to see her page just to see what shes been up to i remind myself that fuk that im not going to torture myself becuz i deserve better than to treat myself that way...give it time, this is what im doing and realizing that the absolute worse is over, sumday things will be ok, becuz if you dont have hope in that then you are not atleast "trying" to fix your broken self...trying to see the positives is all we can do really, theres no point in focusing on the negatives unless ofcourse youre trying to convice ypurself that u should end your life, which we both kno is not the right thing to do, we have to try to fight to live, its all we got....you are not alone girl, just focus on today and what you can do to better yourself and your life, even if its just getting out for a walk or idk, organizing your room or doing laundry, you kno, little things like that as daily goals...if you focus on things like this instead of how you feel about her and the situation, before you kno it time as passed and who knows, maybe new circumstances have came into your life...for instance, you feel how u feel right now and ur focus is so much on how u feel that when u think about ur future u see ypurself as unhappy becuz whatever it may be a) no relationship b) not enough money etc...but what u dont take into consideration is that things happen from now till then...so, yes, let time heal you and try to see how you can better yourself today..hope this helped

3. thrashgal

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    ps i want to add that i believe everything happens for a reason, and i believe i read ur post and replied for a reason and i kno what that reason is now, it helped me in the future which is now, im thinking about her and i have this wanting to view her fb page just to see her becuz i miss her so much and her beautiful eyes...but i felt that feeling and i remembered what i wrote to u and told myself "no, you will stand by your own words, you are not a hypocrite" and so i feel stronger...for that i thank you....(crazy huh, the power of human connectedness..)

4. Sohryuden

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Now, mind you, I AM younger (22), but the inexperience and self-esteem issues are there. I can relate to this situation well.

I fell for a young lady during my senior year of high school, and we were very good friends. But that's all we were. At least for her. I, however, was struggling with my growing feelings. I'm sure we can all tell when someone isn't really romantically interested in us, but we continue to look for the signs anyway. Anything is a glimmer of hope right?

About 4 years ago, she moved to a different state to be with her new girlfriend. If I was ever in denial before, well....this situation backed me into a corner and made me see reality for what it was.

As you can see by the time skips, I loved her for quite a while. I still do to this day, but I know nothing will come of it, and I've accepted it. We still keep in touch, but talking to her now hurts a lot less than it did before, and I can move on with my life.

I still suffer from self-esteem issues. Obviously, I have no girlfriend and my job isn't exactly something to brag about. But the reason I'm able to get by each and every day is because I focus on things I enjoy doing. Hobbies are great when you're feeling blue. Get out of the house more if you're not doing so already. You don't have to go clubbing or anything of the sort. Just hang out with a few friends or have yourself some alone time and walk around, see more of the city.

Also, if you're having an issue with the way you look (or how you FEEL you look), then perhaps you can exercise. Run, lift some weights for a bit. I found that it actually helps me to feel good at the end of the day.

Dwelling on a girl hurts. A lot. Especially if you've known said girl for a long time (my case). Making one person the focal point of your devotion isn't healthy, but you really can get through it. It takes time...and in some cases, soul searching. Best of luck to you.

5. thrashgal

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    agreed 100% ----^