1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Spirituality?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by treasure1996, Jun 16, 2016.

1. treasure1996

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    There are many spiritual people in my family, two aunties in particular who frequently experience encounters with sprits and have psychic abilities which have been proven to be true... When my grandfather was very sick we brought his hospital bed into their house and it had been a while. One day my auntie calls my mother and says 'Today is the day he will pass, I can feel it, we must go over'. That day he did pass.

I'm not here to try and prove anything to anyone, a lot of people don't believe in this stuff and that's fine. I've just recently become intact with spiritual feelings and experiences. I've been remembering stuff that makes sense. This one night, I get home from going out, my dad had picked me up. I had done something extremely bad a week or two before. As I walk into the house my dad, out of nowhere says 'Please don't ever hurt or disappoint me' and gave me a kiss. I thought it was the strangest thing. I then went to take a shower, as I got out he was in my room and had discovered what I had done. Worst night ever.

My dad is also a spiritual man and he always says very weird things that seem to make sense long after. I probably sound crazy, but I'm not. None of my family know I'm a lesbian either. Today, he got me from work. We're in the car and he asks 'So how's your boyfriend going?' I stayed silent and just laughed... Minutes pass, we get out of the car and he asks again, sarcastically, then as we walk inside he says 'It's okay, when your ready you can tell me'. And walks off. Is this strange to anyone? Or was he joking or? I don't get what that meant.

Bear in mind my father used to (probably still is) a homophobe. He wouldn't say anything rude to a gay person in real life or treat them different knowing they are gay if that makes sense. As a kid he'd say things like 'If they legalise same sex marriage they might as well let us marry animals' .... Side note, my brother is gay aswell, he is out now, my father once told me he would never be able to speak about it or intervene with his 'lifestyle'. He has a fairly good relationship with my brother, although my brother is very distant from my whole family since he's been out. And I understand why, our family is complicated and not the happiest of ones...

When I was about 12, I had no idea I was gay yet. We were watching TV with the whole family, and it was one of those talent shows that came on. A brother and sister - both gay, came to sing as a duet and told their story of accepting themselves regarding their religious ethnic family. My dad laughed and sad 'Poor parents, TWO gay kids, how un lucky'

I never knew why that occurrence always played in my mind as a child, and funnily enough I turned out gay aswell... Whenever I think of coming out to him I remember that moment and know I will disappoint him. He claims to have an 'ancient soul' who has lived many past lives centuries ago, and he goes on about visions he has of his past life and he disassociates every day and sees them. This makes sense to me.

What is everyone's thoughts and opinions on all of this? Is anyone spiritual or has any experiences they would like to share ? I won't on a tangent and sorry I started talking about things all over the place...

2. UmaMae

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    hi treasure,

your dad claims to be an ancient soul. ancient souls had a long time to learn lessons on life and wisdom. so an ancient soul is wise. wisdom means to see that the ultimate goal of every feeling being is happiness and love (true happiness and love)

You loving a person who you love from your deepest heart should make him as happy as it makes you.

so there are two options: either he is not an ancient soul, beause he is not able to overcome his discrimination against other human beings due to their LOVE for another human being.
    or this is exactly the lesson he has to learn in this life. to get over his own projections of love and acknowlegde that there are different life models than his own (not to mistake for lifestyle).

so in both ways you should not feel guilty to be who you are. either he is not the wise man he is seeing himself as or you are giving him a very valuable lesson for his spiritual evolution.

its unfair of him to make you feel guilty for his construted view of who you should or not should be.

you have someone in your family supporting your brother?

#2 UmaMae, Jun 17, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2016
  3. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I concur. If your dad truly had an older soul (I've never heard someone who genuinely seemed the type to have an old soul to refer to it as an "ancient soul"), then he would be pretty nonjudgmental and openminded. Old souls would not be homophobic.

Also, true old souls don't hold whatever wisdom or extrasensory gifts they have over others' heads. It sounds like he's doing this. So I'd be skeptical of his claims.

What matters here is that you be true to yourself. And only you can determine whether he can handle that truth.

4. anthracite

anthracite Guest

An ancient soul? Sounds more like schizophrenia, sorry. There are rational explanations for everything. I tried everything when I was younger, including a try to summon lucifer himself into my body. Nothing happend that couldn't be explained by science and simple psychology.

5. thrashgal

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    i once read about hmongs who have epilespsy and during their episodes, they claim to go into the spirit world and talk to dead relatives...the ones who have it are considered "shaman" ..idk this just kinda reminded me of that...but i do believe that sum people are more sensitive to spiritual stuff, like psychic mediums and whatnot but i dont always think theyre right about everything..i think its all vague...id still be curious to have a reading done just to see what they tell me about certain things tho