1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help! I need advice!

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by zygnomic, Jun 18, 2016.

1. zygnomic

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Have you ever had an idea/thought and everything within yourself( mind, heart, bones) are telling yeah it's a great idea and it feels as like you are supposed to be doing it? But then the significant people/person I'm telling you not to or it's a bad idea.

So here's my issue about 3 weeks ago, I went to bed and had a really Vivid dream about me moving to the UK. After having this dream I have thought about it everyday and when I think about it I get really excited and almost like I have butterflies in my stomach.

So after about a week, I shared this with my best friend/significant other. And they kind of shut down and then later told me it was a bad idea and I shouldn't do it. But it's been two weeks since then and I've still thought about it every day and I still have that same feeling of excitement and like I should be doing it.

My dilemma is, how do I decide if I should listen to myself or others? How do I know whether this is just a whim or not? Do I riskmy current relationship and the close proximity to my family for what feels right?

(So here's a little bit more background about me: I have been dating the same girl since high school. Recently things have been going up and down. She knows I'm Bisexual and since i told her, i feel like it has been the reasons things have been going downhill lately. The last few months, we have gotten into a few arguments over little things but they just blew out of proportion. A couple times we have even tried calling it off but it never seems to last.)

Feel free to ask me questions if you need more information.

2. Gunsmoke

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    If I were you, I'd do a LOT of research into the country first before making your mind up about anything (or you can ask me, I live here!). I'm not saying that you shouldn't do it; if you look into it and it still seems like the right thing to do then go for it! Only you should decide how to live your life. If you have the money, perhaps it would be a good idea to visit here for a month or so first and see how you like it?