1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dreams

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by bookreader, Jun 18, 2016.

1. bookreader

Out Status:
    Some people
    I've had 2 dreams so far that's been related to violence. The first dream was on Thursday night and in my dream, I learned that kids were gunned down after getting off the bus. And I think I've seen some dead bodies on the ground. The second dream happened last night. Apparently I said something rude and these 4 boys were looking for me. They were trying to fight me and I think I fought them, I can't remember. And what makes it strange is that these were boys from my English class. So it felt weird seeing them. I think these dreams are a result of stress and anxiety. Has anyone else had dreams like this?

2. Embi

Embi Guest

I had a horrible nightmare phase that lasted for months when I was little. I had a nightmare every single night and went to my parents' bed in fear all the time. At one point I already went to them at 11 pm. My dreams were about losing them in a fire or through murder, etc. Even after the nightmare vanished I had to ask my parents every night what I should dream about so I could think about something else than horror before bed. The night used to be torture for me for years and it was all because I was afraid of losing the people I loved.

Sadly I don't remember exactly how I overcame my nightmares, I mostly forgot that period of my life. I hope you won't slip into something like that. But it is normal to have nightmares from time to time, especially if you don't feel very good. So if you can, try to reduce your stress and do more things you really like. Since you dream about violence, maybe you should avoid books and movies with too much of it since dreams tend to involve things that happened during the day or are on your mind.