1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Meeting other lgbt peoples, discreetly

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by EmH25, Jun 18, 2016.

1. EmH25

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    So i live in Belton Mo, and my fam doesn't really know I'm gay, and i want to meet others but without my fam knowing how to i go about this, maybe meet at a library? I could really use some advice. Please help!

2. Gravity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There are probably a variety of places to meet LGBT folks - given that you're just outside of a major city, if you have the ability to get into said city (car, public transport, etc.), your options should be pretty wide ranging. There are always LGBT community centers/pride centers, specific LGBT events (it's pride month, after all), there are always LGBT bars and clubs (which may host special events/nights), and informal meetups as well. Libraries may very well offer some sort of activity, etc. There may be some LGBT sports teams.

Of course, all of this may depend on what you mean by "discreetly" - you'll have to be visible as LGBT to some degree in order to meet others, but it need not be in a hugely identifiable location (such as a pride festival). There very well could be more low-key options.

Do some googling and see what turns up. :slight_smile:

3. EmH25

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thank you....yes I'd like that by discreetly i.mean without my parents knowledge....i may try to look up something soon