1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crush on best friend?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Hamilton, Jun 19, 2016.

1. Hamilton

So, I've had this best friend for about a year, since school started. We are very, very close and tell each other how much we love each other everyday. We both kind of hate ourselves a lot, so they tell me they'll love me for the both of us, and me the other way back. We kiss each other's cheeks and cuddle literally every day. They live about seven minutes away from me, so we hang out nearly every day. I'm just really afraid because they recently broke up with their girlfriend (I gave them advice on breaking up; the relationship was emotionally abusive and the girl still thinks they're together) and I now have a crush on them. I don't want to ruin anything between us though, and I don't know what to do. It'll probably fade because I love them too much to want to try and 'ruin' our friendship. Does anybody know what to do?

2. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    I don't know if this is very good advice but... first and foremost I guess relax and don't do anything too rash.

3. AmyBee

Yeah, I'd just relax. Having been there, having made a move and having had two different friendships almost dissolve as a result. It's so hard when you feel you're falling for someone you're friends with, it's very confusing. Like one minute you're all giddy with joy over it, but the next you're afraid of wrecking something that's already great. So just kind of sit on it and if it's right/mutual, it will happen because at some point your friend will probably blurt it out... but if you're meant to stay just friends you won't have added a level of discomfort to your friendship.