1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do I tell him that he was my first?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by 108, Jun 19, 2016.

1. 108

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This might not be the right section, it's an odd question. I recently had a couple of dates with a guy, and ended up staying at his place on the second date. I had never done anything sexual with a man, and that night we did everything short of anal, but that came close to happening. He was very sweet and we seemed to be into each other in more than a physical way, as we've been in contact since and will hopefully see each other again. The question I'm wanting to ask, is whether or not I should admit to him that men are a new thing for me, or even that he was my first encounter? I am certain my nervousness or maybe my inexperience was noticeable, but we had a great time and he didn't seem to be bothered, or ask me anything uncomfortable. I was so nervous that I embarrassingly had trouble maintaining an erection, I really hope he didn't take that as a lack of attraction or anything. Should I admit to him anything, or keep 'going with the flow' and see if this leads towards anything more serious before I mention something? How should that be handled? I understand that if a girl admits virginity, it can be a little intimidating or scary to some straight men, but with gay men, could being my first be an uncomfortable situation for him?

2. Gravity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't think there's any standard response for gay men to the idea - just as there's no response for straight people, or people of any orientation. :slight_smile:

I'd say if you feel like you want to tell him, then tell him. If you feel like you want to just keeping going with the flow, as you say, then don't mention it for now. I know some people who never told their first that they were their first, and some people who told them up front, before anything even happened.

So, go with your gut. :slight_smile:

3. 108

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I will wait to see if this progresses into more than a physical fling, since we've only had one night together. I think if it becomes serious, then the information will matter more. If he wants anything anal though, it might become obvious and awkward. :confused: