1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

embarrassed

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by superLuke6, Jun 21, 2016.

1. superLuke6

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Im embarrassed.. of myself.. my oriention.. my whole personality and talents? Idk I wouldn't say I have talent but ive been told many times. As each and every day passes by I just keep getting more uncomfortable with myself and start to feel embarrassed to be myself and I go on acting like someone im not. And every night I feel totally safe from embarrassment while I just sit in the middle of the darkest room in the house and I feel free since nobody can see me. I guess Ive come to like being in the dark. Im hiding from everyone and nobody can see.. ill do things like play my piano or guitar and express myself in the dark with my eyes closed ofcourse.. the music makes me feel better and the darkness does to just because I know no one can see me be me.
    So I go on every day acting like someone Im not.. I also stopped listening to music while with family and friends just because I feel embarrassed of the music I like.. idk i need help how could I get rid of this embarrassment feeling? Ive stopped music only until im in that dark room.. ive also stopped my clothing style and just try go for a casual look. Ive been told ive had great style senses but I now see it embarrassing to dress.. idk what can I do..?

2. Pi Fermat

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Music speaks to the soul. Don't be embarrassed by your music, embrace it. You are you, an amazing and unique person. Embrace who you are, shout it from the rooftops! Be yourself and most of all be happy!

3. sil

sil

You feel embarrassed because you care about what other people think of you. You need to accept yourself and celebrate the way you are. I used to be very self-critical and I felt bad about myself for being an introvert (among other things). I felt embarrassed of myself quite often too. But then I asked myself: Do you think that those things you feel embarrassed about would be embarrassing if they were done by someone else? Would you judge that other person as severely as you judge yourself?

Everybody is different and there is enough space for all of us, tall and short, outgoing and socially awkward, classical music fans and heavy metal lovers, etc. Everybody has the same right to express themselves, to be themselves. There is no better or worse. As long as you are good to others, you shouldn't worry about the way you are, the things you do or the things you like. There is nothing wrong with that. If someone judges you for things like fashion, taste in music, or any other thing, before feeling bad about it you need to understand that that person is being close-minded, and that’s not your fault, it’s that person’s problem for not accepting that everyone is different and likes different things. There are also people who are rude, mean, ignorant or judgemental, but you shouldn’t care about what they say.

One of the nicest and most friendly people I know told me once that he has realised that there are people who will like you and that there are people who will not, and you have to accept that. It’s impossible to please everybody. So be yourself, don’t be afraid of judgement, and let people like you for who you are. The people who truly love you will stick around no matter what. And those are the ones that matter.

So be yourself and love it!! Don't be embarrassed, be free :slight_smile: