1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Summer Camp

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by DeguOwner, Jun 21, 2016.

1. DeguOwner

This summer, I will be going to a summer camp where you are put into a 'tipi group' consisting entirely of either makes or females. I have been slotted into the female group, but all of my friends are male, and I have no idea how to make casual conversation with girls.

I will be there for two weeks, and I am worried about pronouns as well as being asked about 'girl stuff' which I am very uncomfortable with. I am probably just paranoid, but I'm slightly scared about going.
    :help:

2. plant

I'm not very good at advice, so I apologize if this sucks.

I think the best thing to do in this situation is to explain your gender identity & pronouns to the people that you are with. I'm assuming that there will be periods where you'll be able to socialize with males. You could talk about things like movies/books/music/sports with your tipi group, and other general interests. Best of luck.

3. DeguOwner

Sadly, people mainly stay to their tipi groups. But, I will try to make the best of it, thank you.