1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Depressed

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by BelleLey, Jun 23, 2016.

1. BelleLey

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Every once in awhile i get depressed. I feel tired and i don't feel like doing anything. I avoid my friends and my family, i'm just not in a speaking mood. I stay at home and i wait until it goes away. I know this is not a solution so i force myself to get out, to shake it off and eventually it works. It's hard though, it requieres a lot of efforts.

I don't know if it's really depression ( it happened twice in the last few month) and it usually doesn't last more than two weeks. The worst part is that it seems to be triggered randomly, there's no reason (well no more than usual) for me to be depressed. It might have happened because my birthday is in 15 days, i'll be turning 26 which is not particularly a good thing considering i'm still confused about my sexuality, i never dated or even kissed anyone and i've been unemployed for two years now.

Just needeed to vent i guess, thanks for reading.

2. Shorthaul

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    A little venting never hurt anyone. And age is but a number, people twice your age or more have struggled with their sexuality.

I am not a psychologist, but I would lean to your current state bringing you down. It is hard to be unemployed and single. I was stuck in a job I hated and that made me feel depressed and angry, but that is something I am working on.

Plus looking for work is stressful, I have done it enough myself. Just have to hang in there, it will get better.

3. BelleLey

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Thanks, i'm already starting to feel better (until the next time).

4. anthracite

anthracite Guest

Maybe you have depressive episodes. But you're doing very well in your fight! Keep doing the things you enjoy, even if you don't have the motivation or energy. Find your goals, create some that are fun and useful like learning a new language. Put hard work in it and you will be successful. For that, your brain rewards you with feelgood-hormones that give you the energy to turn your life around and make it the life you want.

5. nonamegirl

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I went through depression when I was 21. I am now 24 and have only just got through it. Though I still have depressive episodes like the one you're describing.
    You're not alone. It's perfectly normal. And sometimes you have no idea why you're sad - that's just how depression goes sometime. You just carry around this melancholy.

I would say the issues you mentioned at the end are triggers. I believe I am right in thinking you don't feel very confident within yourself and you feel like a failure? I felt like this for a long time. You need to work on these. It's ok to seek help and you don't have to go on meds if you don't want to. I never did. But counselling and cognitive behavioural therapy helped me.

Although I get sad, I am much better equipped on how to deal with a depressive episode and I am now a stronger and more confident person as a result of going through depression. I now see it as something I had to go through. It helped me to grow and become more content with who I am.

It takes time but eventually you will have more happy days than dark days. You have to look for ways forward. What do you have a passion for? Find a hobby that makes you feel alive. Find peace being in your own company.

It's good that you go out despite feeling down. It's always good to see friends. Sometimes I just want to hide away from the world but I will force myself out and be pleasantly surprised with how happy I feel by the end of the night.

I undertand looking for a job is stressful, especially when you go to interviews and never hear anything. Best of luck with the job hunt. I hope you find something soon.

Keep striving for happiness. Take care.

6. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    Major Depression (Clinical Depression) Symptoms, Treatments, and More

I recommend you do something to stimulate yourself if you can. A lack of stimulation is very common to feel when you're out of work, and it can also drag you down a lot. Maybe do something else that you like, maybe something creative, exercise, or something entertaining. I find that helps me.

7. Hunter8

BelleLey,

Your situation is not all that different from my own. I'm also in my late 20's and have never been with anyone romantically. I have same-sex attractions that can be quite powerful at times, but I am also a Christian who is trying to live in a way that I believe is consistent with my faith. It can indeed be depressing and even lonely at times, but I derive peace from Jesus and my family. I can tell you are in pain, and I pray that you will find a lasting peace that transcends earthly understanding. Just please know that you are a masterpiece beautifully crafted for a purpose by your Heavenly Father. Jesus loves you and is there to help you if you need to ever just cry out to Him.

8. BelleLey

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Thanks everyone for your advice and your kind words. I'm gonna try to keep busy, and find a job that way i won't be thinking all day like I am now.