1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I have a crush on my friend

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by UncertainTea123, Jun 24, 2016.

1. UncertainTea123

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    ...not really sure what else to say about it. I mean, I have a lot to say, but I'm still new to the whole idea of me not being heterosexual. It's feels a bit weird to talk about.

But basically I am a woman. And I have a good friend who is a woman. And I think about here quite frequently in a way that is not how you would normally think about another friend. I'm still not sure if I feel attracted to her because she is outgoing and friendly with me and I am just lonely or because I am honestly sexually attracted to her. But, whatever the cause, it's not easy to deal with. And I see her all the time. And I don't want it to go away necessarily - I have spent most of my life feeling like something was wrong with me due to a lack of attraction to others. But still, I feel like I want to do something about it but I don't even know what that means or what that would be or how I could ever act on these feelings....

Any thoughts/advice are welcome.

2. Gravity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    First step would likely be coming out to her. This may or may not be something you're comfortable doing at this point, but it's generally the most respectful way to begin. Plus her response will tell you a lot about how she might respond to the next revelation, that you have feelings for her.

Of course, there are other questions to ask yourself as well - if she says she's not interested, and the friendship becomes awkward, are you okay with that? Or if she is interested and you end up seeing her, and she's not just a friend anymore, are you okay with that?

But I would think about coming out first of all. :slight_smile:

3. UncertainTea123

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Good idea... incredibly scary idea but it makes sense. Thanks.