1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I Will Never Be Loved Or Accepted

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by SimonSnow, Jun 24, 2016.

1. SimonSnow

Ok, the title really says all. Basically, I am a male who wants to look and act but not actually be female. And I like other males. But I'm not female. Or male, really. When I tried to change my clothes my parents asked me why and I explained my gender shit. They said I couldn't dress in feminine clothes in public, because I'd be judged and oppressed (we live in an EXTREMELY conservative area). So Im just really angry and done with life. Why does everyone else think I choose to be this way? Trust me, no one would choose to be like this.

2. peterw78165

peterw78165 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    People think that because they're ignorant assholes. Nobody chooses their sexual orientation or gender identity. If it's any consolation, you'll be loved and accepted by the Empty Closets community. We stick up for each other here.

3. Hint

Sounds like what happened to me when I tried to wear all Pink to school one day last semester, and that wasn't even because of gender, I just wanted to be a goof.
    My dad called the guy who gave me rides because my mom saw me in the hallway before I left and he turned around and drove me back, refusing to let me attend school that day until I changed what I was wearing.

Then another girl in class that same day told me, when I mentioned it, that I could just keep the clothes in my backpack and change in the bathroom between classes.
    I shoulda done that on a later day, god dammit.

Regardless, I'm not seeing the logic behind when parents make you not wear different clothes because of how others will treat you for it.
    If they're not letting you wear girls' clothes (or silly all-pink shorts and tank tops) because of the prejudices, funny looks, discrimination in decision-making (and possible violence) of others, isn't that just being part of the same prejudices themselves?