1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Useful resources to look at?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by sunnyskies, Jun 28, 2016.

1. sunnyskies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi everyone,

This is my first post here so I'm hoping I'm posting this in the right place!

I was hoping you might be able to offer some suggestions for websites and (more specifically) books I can look at that might help me come to terms with realising I might be gay. For the past five years I've thought I might be bisexual, and have kept this exclusively to myself due to fear and deep-seated denial. Recently I've come to realise that I in fact am most likely only interested in women, which is quite the revelation to accept within myself and really scares me! I have only told one friend so am still very much closeted and am definitely struggling to accept this about myself.

Our local library doesn't have the largest selection of LGBT resources and I'm certainly not ready to ask a librarian face-to-face for suggestions. Were there any books you read when you were first coming out to yourself that helped you move into acceptance?
    I am particularly interested in resources focusing on a lesbian perspective, kind of like a 101 of coming to terms with your sexuality, if you will.

Thank you for any help you can offer x

2. RGEm

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I didn't read any books, but there's loads of youtubers that made videos about coming out and coming to terms with their sexuality, which I found helped me out a lot. I watched Ingrid Nilsen, Connor Franta and Troye Sivan and I know there are loads of other youtubers who are gay, lesbian or bi as well.

This website is also a great source, though I'm sure you're already aware of this :slight_smile: Good luck!!

3. sunnyskies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thanks RGEm :slight_smile: I've been taking a look at some YouTube videos these past few weeks and they have been quite helpful, so thank you for your suggestion. I will certainly look into the youtubers you've recommended! I guess I am looking for something a little more substantial as am finding it quite hard to sit comfortably with this. I thought a book might offer some more practical counsel, but wouldn't have the slightest clue as to what books are any good

4. RGEm

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Glad you found it helpful :slight_smile: