1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why do some men do drag?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by crazydog15, Jul 3, 2016.

1. crazydog15

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Just curious. I know that some women also do drag, but I have even less experience with that.

So there's this guy I found online; he's single, gay, attractive, about my age, etc. But I am pretty sure he does drag sometimes, and I'm not familiar with that at all. I'm not saying I won't ask him out because he does drag, but I also don't know if he's the right fit for me.

Any advice?

2. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    To answer the title question: Because they like it.

Well, ask yourself if him doing drag is a problem. If it is, ask yourself why and work it out.

3. Eveline

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I think it connects with freedom to express yourself as you want to. For some it is about the act of feeling like someone else for a short while, others feel more comfortable in women's clothes and feel more attractive wearing makeup and for some a way to express femininity, a different side of themselves, it really depends on the person, but ultimately the act of cross-dressing is completely harmless and it should probably just be viewed playfully, gender roles and expression are anyway mostly socially constructed and viewing someone judgmentally according to gender norms is something that is considered fairly negative among the younger generation.

Even though, I've obviously never been in a similar situation, it is probably good to give that person the benefit of the doubt and if you like him, get to know him and judge him according to his personality and emotional compatibility with you. If you think about it, admitting in public that you do drag indicates that the person in question is confident enough in their masculinity to admit it and they are open minded enough to experiment with different forms of expression, it also shows that they tend to be honest about themselves. All of these qualities are typically considered to be highly desirable in a partner.

#3 Eveline, Jul 3, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2016
  4. crazydog15

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I appreciate the insight; thanks

5. n3ko

because it's fun:grin:

6. Jax12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I find it fascinating when men do drag (or when men do make up in general). Everyone's style is different and what people do with their ideas and expression amazes me.

It's like why do people like working out? Probably cause it feels good.