1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Considering breast reduction (cis-female)... help?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by MayaBee, Jul 10, 2016.

1. MayaBee

Hey there... umm I haven't really posted lately, but eh hey here I am again.

So, how do I get started on this? I was born and identify as a female, and with being born female comes having breast. I myself happen to have quite big ones (it's inthe genes, my mother and both grandmothers have E or F). And well... lately I happen to hate them. I don't hate having boobs, not at all, I love having boobs. but I hate having my boobs. well, I like everything about them, except the size. I (guess) I am an 34/36 D(+), well, I don't quite know if it is the right bra size that I am wearing, they are probably too small but I refuse wearing bigger bras because I already hate having a D-Bra. (if you want to know the measurements, my measurement under the boobs is 75 cm, the one on the breasts is 97cm)

Now. lately I started thinking about breast reduction. not completly chopping them off, but reducing them to a C maybe. Since I am 16 they probably will continue growing (the whole body stops growing at about 21 actually, and I was kind of a late bloomer). So I don't want to do it now, but maybe when I am 21. So atlesst 5 more years with these melons.
    I think the best way I can explain how I feel about it all is by making a list:

- I consider every part of my body attractive except my boobs.
    - They give me neck pain
    - I feel like they are not really part of me
    - I absolutely hate seeing myself in pictures because the first thing I see are my boobs, and that makes me feel horrible about the way others see me
    - If someone would call my small boobs beautiful, I'd take it as a compliment. When someone calls my actual, large boobs beautiful, I want to punch people in the face because to me it feels like they are saying "hey you have an ugly face"
    - I don't like wearing a bikini or anything revealing to the beach (mostly I dont go bathing so I dont have to wear a bikini), you have to know, I would even go naked to the beach, I dont care what people would think. but my boobs make me feel like there is no other part on my body that could be appreciated.
    - Sometimes when sitting I need to lift them up to properly be able to breath or (when I am at school) I have to really focus on the way I breath, so I dont feel like I am suffocating.
    - They ruin so many things for me. Dancing, running, swimming, wearing the clothes I would actually like to wear
    - sometimes they make working out really hard for me

I know many of these points are about the way I look, but what I really need to add is that it is. not that I dont like them because of what others might think. But I dont like them because I dont like them. This whole thing is about my perspective of myself.

I also already did a lot of research, if the breast weight over 500g each insureance has to pay for the reduction (mine weight more than 500g) and I have insureance so I would probably have it covered.

They just really drag me down. I feel like they ruin so much. especially my confidence.

So yeah any advice or help would be great. I just want to hear opinions since this is nothing that I want to talk about with my friends or parents, yet. Basically any answer would help me.
    Thanks for listening

2. HappyGirlLucky

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well from what I hear most women who decide to have a breast reduction are very happy with the results. I saw a documentary a few years ago called "My Big Breasts and Me" (I think you can watch it online) which helped me understand how difficult it can be to live with bigger breasts. The fact that you get neck pain and breathing problems alone is hopefully enough for your insurance to cover it when you are old enough to have it done!

3. MayaBee

Thanks HappyGirlLucky, I'll definetly try to watch that documentary, hopefully I can relate to the people presented in it.

What I forgot to mention in my thread is that they also cause me to have quite a bad posture. The weight just makes it impossible to hold myself up straight. And if I manage to hold a good posture for a day or two I get really bad back pain. Also with good posture comes that I cant see my feet when standing up. Well, I can't see my stomach at all, I kind of have to shove everything aside to see my tummy, which really bums me out.

4. Awesome

In college in Massachusetts, from Pennsylvania
    Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have heard that many women with large breasts develop bad back pain. I can imagine that it would make running pretty uncomfortable. It is your body, so it's your choice. I think that you should go for it if you want to, but first probably wait for them to stop growing. Maybe you should talk to a doctor about when it would be best to get the reduction.

5. A Mindful Wolf

As soon as health problems come into it, I'd say do it. Even without health problems though, go for it gurlllll.

6. Shorthaul

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    A girl I went to high school with had it done between her freshman, junior year. Not sure what that is equivalent to over in Switzerland.

If it is causing problems now, you can talk to your doctor about it now. There is nothing wrong with starting the conversation early.

I know this is going to sound weird coming from a guy, but do your bras fit properly? I ask because my wife used to actually help women find the right bra size when she worked at a department store. You said you aren't happy with the size, but maybe a better bra could help relieve some of the pain.

7. MayaBee

My bras probably don't fit properly. I squeeze myself into a D, yet every way of calculating the cup size tell me that I need a bigger one. So about an E or F. In a week I want to go shopping for one that actually fits, because, this may sound weird, but I have to constantly watch that my boobs dont "fall" out of my bra. So yeah, Iam about 99% sure that my bras are too small.

The thing about reduction is, I could probably get it done and I definetly want to. Yet, I simply have NO idea on howto approach it with my parents or friends. Any suggestions?