1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best Friend

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Hamilton, Jul 14, 2016.

1. Hamilton

ok so my best friend and I are so incredibly close and i like that a lot. I've already made a post a while back explaining I might have a crush on them but right now I'm just updating. Since then, we've gotten closer, we kiss now. like, an on-mouth peck almost every 10 minutes when we're together. I feel really comfortable where we are right now, and I think they are too, but like, is it enough for me to feel comfortable? I don't know if that makes sense, but I've figured out that I probably don't have a crush on them, and just like the way they treat me like I'm actually important because nobody else does?

So, my question is, do you think that they want more or is it alright for us to both be comfortable like this?

2. Gravity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The short answer is that it depends on what both of you are looking for from the situation.

If one of you wants more (a relationship, etc.) but the other doesn't, then it might get complicated if the two of you keep things going as they are. But if both of you are happy with this, then by all means continue. :slight_smile:

The only thing I'll add is that it sounds like you aren't all that interested in the kissing for its own sake, but rather as a sole form of attention and affirmation that you get from other people. You might also consider that there are other types of positive interactions you can have with people that don't involve sexual acts (classifying kissing as a sexual act) - perhaps you can explore those as well (spending time together as friends, etc.) instead of relying on this as your sole means of positive interaction with another person.

3. Hamilton

we spend a lot of time together as friends, whenever we mouth peck it's because we are just friends. I guess that's just how close we are? We both really don't want a relationship (they've been in a few toxic ones and hate relationships now) so that shouldn't be a problem. We talk about a lot of stuff and we have fun together as wel has talk seriously, this is just something we do to remind each other we care about each other :slight_smile: And I actually do enjoy the kisses, it's really nice and I'm glad I feel comfortable with it. Thank you for your reply btw!

#3 Hamilton, Jul 15, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2016