1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Flirting Tips

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by musiclife, Jul 15, 2016.

1. musiclife

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    So i went to a gay club for the first time. So much fun! Now i had no problem talking to the guys there and hanging with the guys, but i have no idea how to talk and flirt with a girl. So how do you flirt with a girl? :lol: This cute blonde was giving me a flirty smile, but me being as awkward as ever just smiled back and looked at my phone. I didn't know what to say or do! So yeah, how do i talk to and flirt with girls? I just need some tips. :laugh:

2. iiimee

I think I remember hearing about apes flirting by the male looking at the female, then looking away once the female looked back at him. They'd do this for awhile until their eyes finally locked and then the male ape would make some sort of ape-face. XD That's how courtship often works in the animal kingdom, and honestly, I think it's interesting how we use the same techniques as humans.

However, there comes a point when, like that ape, you have to look back at her and make a move. It doesn't have to be a drastic move, but that face the male ape makes is basically the equivalent of him saying "Hey, wanna get to know each other better?" I mean, apes move from the friend-zone much quicker than humans considering what usually happens next, but let's ignore that fact and go with what I said. XD Lol, just walk up to her and strike up a conversation. The best thing to do is have a list of conversation topics in your head- Make sure they actually interest you! Like, don't bring up the presidential candidates unless you actually know what you're talking about and want to talk about that. XD Make sure to listen to what she says, and really just try to go with the flow. Whether you move from person to person fast or want something more serious doesn't matter: Just start out with a conversation, maybe buy her a drink if you got some money to spend and think she'll let you. Finally, don't get bummed out if she isn't interested! There are plenty of fish in the sea, and finding the perfect catch can take some time. As somebody who's young but quite charismatic, I think I have SOME idea of what I'm talking about, but it's hard to give advice, just because some tactics only work on some types of people- Charisma is all about timing and what you think will make that person be charmed by you. That's a little sociopathic of me to say, but at the end of the day, it's true: I've never met a charismatic person who wasn't at least slightly manipulative.

3. musiclife

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    That's actually some very helpful advice. I always just feel so awkward when making that initial eye contact. I know its not actually awkward and that's just me. I just need to get over that. I am going to that club again tonight so i have a list of conversation tips in my head and i'm gonna try to get over my own awkwardness. Lol.