1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A question for those who have attended therapy...

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by PerdHapley, Jul 18, 2016.

1. PerdHapley

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    My final therapy session is next Monday and while I feel so much better than I did ten months ago when I started, the reality has sunk in this morning and it's surprisingly sad enough to make me feel tearful...

Those of you who have gone through therapy, how did you use your final session and how did it feel? I want this last one to be as positive as it can be without sweeping my nerves and worries under the rug :eusa_clap

2. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    A good therapist prepares the client for termination of therapy, so typically it's a time to discuss, review, and set agendas for moving forward. But really, it can be whatever you want it to be. :slight_smile: Also, a good therapist will leave the door open to have occasional appointments for check-ins, so in most cases it's not so much a goodbye forever as a "go off and start living your life."

3. PerdHapley

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Okay. Thank you for your comments! I thought about writing a list of positive affirmations, lessons I have learned from my sessions and a plan for the next few weeks.

I have picked up on that last bit! The last two weeks have been a bit rough for me and she has told me that she's just a call away if I'm struggling which is incredibly nice of her :slight_smile:

#3 PerdHapley, Jul 19, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2016