1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm hurt, lost, and alone.

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by tastethedragon, Jul 23, 2016.

1. tastethedragon

Let me start out by saying that I'm not in a sunny place. I came out to my friend and aunt, but my aunt outed me, so I went back in the closet, but my friend still knows. Anyway. My parents and I were having a discussion about politics last night, and my trump supporter mom decided to talk about lgbt issues. They know I'm at least an ally, so she was trying to piss me off when she said that 'me and other gay people' (which makes me think she still knows) wouldn't exist if it weren't for 'traditional marriage'. When I mentioned surrogacy, she got all pissy. She says shit like that all the time and it sucks. I'm at the point where I'm considering other living arrangements, because I can't deal with my social anxiety, ADD, and sexuality around her. My dad maybe is a little less open about it, but he's usually silent when any conversation shifts to lgbt stuff, and I can tell it at least makes him uncomfortable.

I'm at my wit's end here, folks. I don't know what to do, and I can't talk to a school counsellor as its summer, and there are no therapists where I live. That leaves EC.:help:

2. 66vangirl

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    That really is rough, I am the mom of grown up kids but I remember how many of my friends needed to live with someone else during this time, and some of my kids' friends really needed to move away from family. I have found that teen homeless shelters can be a resource, a lot of LGBT teens are homeless or close to it. They may be able to find someone for you to talk to. Or if there is a church with a giant rainbow flag outside, it seems you really need some support, but we are here!

3. Lilith1108

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Take a deep breath, there are so many resources out there now for all ages. You don't have to feel alone. Parents can be hard. They don't understand that it is not a choice. You did not wake up one morning and say woo hoo I am gay. It is a process though! Make sure that you are feeling safe in your living situation. Safe I mean that you are eating and sleeping ant that your anxiety is not overwhelming you. And maybe find a therapist that specializes in coming out. But take it slow, so you will make good decisions. I have been out for more years than you have been alive. Let me know if I can help!