1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Labels

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by MrSkittles, Jul 24, 2016.

1. MrSkittles

I'm not sure what to do. I decided pansexual would best suit me for a label but I interpreted it my way. Do you think it's OK to use a certain label but to change the meaning slightly to best suit you? Out of all the labels I used pansexual was the closest to what I imagined myself as and I wanted to modify it slightly to describe me.

2. peterw78165

peterw78165 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I say go for it. You can label yourself whatever you want to.

3. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! There are more moments when it is best not to try to attach a label to particular feelings or attractions. This is one of them. :slight_smile:

It might be best to hold off with engaging in trying to construct labels or modifying them until you have a clearer picture of what your feelings/attractions are because you are running the risk of entering a cycle of more confusion and potential frustration that is going to be hard to get out off.

4. Glowing Eyes

I, personally, would say use what fits you best. Like, I do have attraction to guys but, to me, it's not enough to call myself bi.

5. Embi

Embi Guest

You should use the label that makes you feel comfortable - if that's none, then that's fine too.
    I identify as bisexual because I feel the most comfortable with it even though I am thinking that I might be poly- or pansexual after all. And that's okay. As long as you don't completely twist around a label and say being straight means being into someone of the same gender or something, it should be fine.