1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm not happy with my life?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by FuelsMySong, Aug 6, 2016.

1. FuelsMySong

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I'm so done with life. Ok, first things first, I don't want to kill myself. I used to be depressed and suicidal about a year ago but I'm not suicidal anymore. Anyway, so I have a job but it's boring, I go to school but I'm not doing well at all, I have a boyfriend but I'm not really into him. I just went out yesterday with friends and it was pretty good but my schizophrenia was acting up.

I've been diagnosed with schizoprhenia for a while so it's nothing new. The thing with me is I don't know what I want. Maybe I do. Maybe I want to drop out of school but then my job is a temp job so I wouldn't have anything to fall back on.

Anyway, I'm just really done with my life. I'm ready to die though I am not gonna kill myself. I just feel so apathetic about everything.

2. Stewie

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Everyone has different reasons why they fall into the depression hole, myself I feel like I'm sitting on the edge with my feet dangling over it. There's one piece of advice I was given when I was really low, suicidal low, back in highschool, that I try to follow or at least remind myself of from time to time.

Nothing in your life will change, unless you stand up and change it.

Seems like common sense when u see it, but everything gets fuzzy and blurred when you add depression into the mix.

Hope this helps (&&&)

3. PatrickUK

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's very difficult living with a mental health problem like schizophrenia and sometimes it's a real struggle to carry on. May I ask if you take medication and have a support plan in place?

I know it can be hard and some people just don't understand and will not treat you kindly, but I hope you don't feel that way on here. We do care and we want to know how you feel.

You said you used to be depressed and suicidal about a year ago, but you are not suicidal anymore. I'm pleased you are not feeling suicidal, but would it be reasonable to say that you are still very depressed? Do you think that's the cause of the apathy?

What, if anything, helps you to get through the day?

Talk to us about it.