1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dammn. i think im dyslexic?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by zeecoop, Aug 7, 2016.

1. zeecoop

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    So I've been trying to read george orwells 1984 this morning but I just can't. Its so overwhelming and I just cant do it properly. it just doesn't work.

At school I was incredible average. I did just enough so that no one bothered me. I just wanted to be left alone. (by teachers and peers during my lessons I mean)

Im now watching some dyslexic videos on youtube and I see some similarities...

I always assumed dyslexia was one of these new fangled ideas that people labeled their children as when they are just plain dumb. Whenever I tell my mum i struggle to read - she just says it comes with practice and that everyone has to learn to read.

But i dunno... im thinking of going for a dyslexic test or something (not sure if i can get that on the NHS)

I want to read better because I want to do an open university degree (from home) but i just have such a low confidence in myself... im not sure if im just grasping at straws here in the hope im not stupid or if maybe its something Ive completely overlooked...

Anyone have experience with dyslexia they want to share?

I have a typing speed of over 100wpm according to an online typing test. Im not sure if this would indicate i probably dont have dyslexia?

#1 zeecoop, Aug 7, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2016