1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I feel worthless.

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by RavenTheRat, Aug 9, 2016.

1. RavenTheRat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I was looking into colleges that allow pets and I came across...... a rather venemous section of comments. Just paragraph after paragraph of people calling my generation coddled cry babies who are pathetic and "defective". They said that disorders like anxiety and depression weren't real... and that people like me make it up for attention. I just started to cry. I've almost killed myself because of my anxiety..... I would KILL not to have anxiety.... I spend days in bed where I do nothing but stare at a wall and shake and cry. For people to call that fake... to say that I'm just an attention seeker.... that made me feel worthless, like I started to believe what they were saying. It made me feel like I was weak and that nobody wanted me and that I was just taking up space in the world. Honestly I have no idea what to do now. I don't even know why this affected me like that. It's just...... I know so many people who literally can't have a decent quality of life because of mental disorder. They were making fun of triggers and safe rooms.... I just don't understand why there are so many cruel people in the world.....
    I feel hopeless right now. I don't know why I feel so gutted by reading those comments. It just..... hit a nerve. Or like, stabbed a nerve.

2. Alexrocks1253

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm so sorry. Don't listen to those comments. The people who wrote those are inconsiderate pricks who don't know what it's like to be depressed or have anxiety. Don't let these people bring you down. (*hug*)

3. RavenTheRat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Thank you. That really cheered me up (*hug*) I'll try to tune out the haters :slight_smile:

4. Alexrocks1253

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
  5. juxlia

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    A lot of people who write things like that are uneducated, and only looking to make others feel miserable. As hard as it may be, don't let them succeed!! I know for a fact that just having my cat in the room calms my anxiety, and c'mon...some people still sleep with teddy bears, and they are certainly allowed in colleges. Stay strong <3