1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New here, still questioning

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Lifeguard1, Aug 10, 2016.

1. Lifeguard1

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hey everyone, I'm new here. I feel lost. I'm 18 and still questioning myself. I wish I could know whether I'm really attracted to girls or if it is just a fantasy. I guess only time will tell me. The problem is that I don't have anyone to talk about my questions about my sexuality. I feel like I would be judged and I don't want to disappoint my loved ones. If you have any advice, feel free to reply I speak French too!

2. Ruby Dragon

Ruby Dragon Well-Known Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome to EC! (*hug*)

There's always someone willing to listen and give advice where needed. What are some questions that you have that we might be able to help you with?

When I first joined back in 2012, I was questioning. Then I thought I was lesbian, had a girlfriend and really short hair, etc. Only to later find myself still attracted to men too, so I settled on bisexual. At this stage, I really want another girlfriend. I think for most of us here, this is more or less how it went. From questioning to almost certain, to questioning again, to 100% certain.

Here are some questions you can ask yourself in the meantime:

When you picture yourself romantically involved with someone, is it a girl or guy?

Do you see yourself holding hands, hugging, kissing, having sex with that person? How do you feel when you picture yourself doing these things with the other sex?

Unfortunately none of us can tell you what sexual orientation your attractions fall under, only you can figure that out, and that takes time. Be patient with yourself. :slight_smile: