1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

National Society of High School Scholars?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by logansarah, Aug 12, 2016.

1. logansarah

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Today I received a acceptance letter from The National Society of High School Scholars, is this a they receive more than I do thing. It's $60 which my parents don't have since my dad's in the middle of jobs, even though my grandma offered to pay from the college money she has saved up. The main question though is this worth the money. I've looked this up and the reviews are mixed mostly leaning toward bad. I also went on their website and I liked the offerings they had, but they didn't go into specifics just listed the general benefits. Has anyone accepted, if so what did you receive and did you think it was worth it and can you say why?

2. Mattjstead

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Let me check...
    I find any "Society" that immediately want's money to ensure you are "Accepted" is shady.

Had you applied to this?

---------- Post added 14th Aug 2016 at 12:23 PM ----------

Okay... When I research these types of places I look at their financial statements.

In a statement from 2002 to 2011..
    They state it is $60 to join...
    And they have inducted over 600,000 people...
    But, they state they give away "$250,000 in Scholarships Per Year."
    Woa.. back up. That is a total of $36 Million from "Fees" and yet only $2.5 Million in Scholarships? Red Flag...

What are you looking for? I have a Bachelors and working on my second Bachelors and then Masters... Are you looking more for scholarships? grants? Let me know and I can try and point you in a direction. There are a LOT of scams...be hesitant when people wanting to GIVE money, ASK for money first.

3. Silver Sparrow

I also received an acceptance from the National Society of High School Scholars a while ago. When I asked my high school academic advisor, who was also my college counselor, about the organization, she said that she hadn't heard much about it, which was probably a bad sign. Even if you pay them, it is no guarantee that you will get any sort of scholarship in return. I did not sign up with the organization.

4. logansarah

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks, I've decided that I'm not going to apply to it.