1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lonely and depressed

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by GayBatman, Aug 13, 2016.

1. GayBatman

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm so lonely. My only two friends live in Cali and they rarely answer my texts because they're busy. I've never been good at making friends (I made my first friend when I was 13). I have Asperger's and it's hard for me to connect with people. I'm in love with one of my friends. I'm just so depressed due to a lot of issues. I'm sick of being lonely and every time I try to make friends I fuck it up. I've thought about suicide a lot over the last two years. I don't think I'll kill myself. But I just can't handle being lonely anymore. Any advice on how to make friends would be nice. Sorry for ranting.

2. faustian1

Hi Ty. Here is a link to some autism/social skills support resources in the greater Phoenix area: Social » Autism Society of Greater Phoenix

Your problems making friends (if you have Asperger's) are very complex and difficult. It would be good if you could connect with some social skills development training for people just like you. I know the feeling of fucking it up everytime in social situations. And not knowing why--that is the key.

The frustration and hopelessness then can lead to suicidal thoughts. If you can get involved in the type of resources that I've linked above, it should help you feel better about accomplishing at least something toward being more connected with others. Please be kind to yourself.

3. GayBatman

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thank you! I'll have to check that out.

4. faustian1

If no one at the links can give you advice on how to proceed, call the Autism Society main number and tell them you need some advice on resources. Check back in....I'd like to know how it goes for you.