1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to deal with passive aggressive friend?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by lastking, Aug 14, 2016.

1. lastking

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I have a passive-aggressive friend that I don’t really know how to deal with:

Initially, this person was an acquaintance and mutual friend. We hung out a few times and she then developed a crush on me. During this time, she would get mad at me if I didn’t pay attention to her despite the fact she never explicitly told me she likes me.

Eventually she admitted she had a crush on me and that she understood that I didn’t like her back and we decided to be friends. However, still being friends I sensed that she still likes me more than just a friend because she would still get mad at me over the tiniest thing (things she wouldn’t get mad about with her other friends).

We haven’t spoken in about 2 months. I don't know if I should give her another chance at being friends- I feel like if I give her another chance, she will still have that resentment and continue to be passive aggressive with me. I’ve given her several chances already..

Thanks for any advice!

2. lastking

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    So apparently no one has had someone who they friend zoned and that friend still shows signs of resentment? Or vice versa

3. RedEyeFlash

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've been friend zoned and I'll admit that it isn't always easy to get over your shit and be friends, it isn't difficult to be mature about it either. I'd give it some more time. Wait till this person maybe meets somebody else or at least starts taking interest in other people.

4. lastking

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Hi RedEyeFlash,

Thank you for your advice. You make a good point.