1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A Rant ( warning: contains curse words )

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Simple Thoughts, Aug 15, 2016.

1. Simple Thoughts

It'd be nice if I had people I could rely on in my life -.-'
    Seriously...I live with two people and somehow 9 or so months in I'm the only person here with a fucking job. I don't even think they are trying either is the most annoying part. Like, if I bring something up or I push them to fill out an application they tend to do it which is great, I've gotten my boyfriend into three interviews so far ( sadly no one's called back though ). There is still a stack of applications sitting in our room that he picked up a month ago and just never filled out and brought back to anyone...I guess playing video games is more important to him. FML
    To make matters more frustrating and more annoying he always forgets to pick me up from work so half of the work week I'm walking fucking home and I never have the house key so I have to buzz in and wait on him to wake the fuck up, and while I'm working and shit you'd think maybe they'd clean up the house or something. Nope, you'd be wrong. Apparently I'm supposed to work a full time job, take on a mountain of commissions, and clean the entire house on my own while everyone else just does nothing all damn day >.<
    I finally got around to buying a vacuum a few days ago and when I did my boyfriend was like, "Well I'll clean up the livingroom while you sleep" and now it's 3-4 days later and the livingroom is still shit. Hell...the only reason the kitchen looks half-way decent is because it's now the start of my week off and I cleaned it up a little bit...I have to do the dishes and clean the livingroom, and I want to clean our bedroom too...Gah!
    When did I become everyone's fucking mom? =/

2. I'm gay

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey Simple Thoughts,

Roommates suck. I never liked it when I was in my early 20s. I'll be divorced soon, and I'll do whatever it takes to not have roommates.

You asked: When did I become everyone's fucking mom? That's a great question, but I'll answer it with your own tagline:

"A man is but the product of his thoughts what he thinks, he becomes" - Mahatma Gandhi.

3. Simple Thoughts

I'm not sure what you're driving at to be honest. ^^"

4. Alexrocks1253

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Why is he your boyfriend if he's not putting any effort into the relationship? He should put some effort into the relationship and if he still doesn't, that shows that he doesn't care.
    Here have a hug (*hug*)

#4 Alexrocks1253, Aug 15, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2016
  5. smurf

When you allowed it to happen.

They aren't working or taking care of anything because you let them. Why would they work when they know that you will take care of them either way? Why would they put in effort when they don't have to?

Its shitty, but you won't be able to change them. They are okay with using you and abusing, and you are letting them.

Might be tough to hear, but its time to think about getting new people in your life.

6. OGS

OGS

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have to say as I read this my go-to thought was not why are these guys so unreasonable. It was why does he put up with this. Yeah roommates suck--the one upside of roommates is that they pay part of the rent. From what you say they aren't even doing that. Sounds like they have a pretty sweet deal. I understand what they get out of it. What do you get out of it?

7. Simple Thoughts

Thanks ^^

I appreciate that :slight_smile:

---------- Post added 15th Aug 2016 at 08:20 PM ----------

Well the thing is that I can't just take care of them. I've made it clear over and over again that we're only just barely staying afloat right now. I keep putting pressure on them to get work, and there has been some progress ( like I said a few interviews )

I guess I should give credit though. I started overhauling the livingroom and our bedroom and my boyfriend helped a little bit, and now both of them have kinda gone half n half on the dishes...that still leaves the rest of the kitchen and bathroom that I wanna get cleaned, but that's no big deal the worst of it is done :slight_smile:

---------- Post added 15th Aug 2016 at 08:22 PM ----------

I guess I don't have too much of a choice. I'm in an unfamiliar state and barely know anyone else around her. I like my job ( surprisingly ) and I want to stay, plus my roomates aren't all bad they're actually nice, just really unmotivated and lazy.

So what I'm basically saying is that for me to just GTFO I'd have to find a way back to Ohio and go home with my tail between my legs as a failure and I'd rather not do that.

8. OGS

OGS

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't really see how this is the case. From what you are saying you're already supporting yourself just fine. It would probably actually be easier if you weren't supporting two other people too. On the other hand if you enjoy their company enough to support them well that's a reasonable decision.

9. Alexrocks1253

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    No problem ^-^

10. Ruby Dragon

Ruby Dragon Well-Known Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ugh! I feel your pain!

I stayed with the guy I dated in 2010, for 5 months. In that 5 months, he got fired from 2 jobs, and just lazed about at home all fucking day, some days I'd get home from work and he'd still be in his pajamas! I used to get home, clean the kitchen then start dinner, and he'd be playing games, chatting to bimbo's and scratching his balls. I got tired of doing everything, so I stopped doing it. The dishes once stood in the sink for 2 straight days, and he didn't even try to wash them. No, the computer, his phone and the tv was more important. I paid the rent, I bought the groceries, I did the cleaning, and 90% of the time, I did the cooking too! When I got home from work one day, he wasn't there. We stayed on the same property as his grandparents. I knocked on their door and they said he'd left with a girl. That was the last straw! I called his phone and he said he'd be home soon. (He was probably recovering from fucking her brains out but anyway...) Well, he got home and invited her in for coffee (Which I made, by the way). That following Sunday, I went through his phone whilst he was having a shower. And what I found was shocking to say the least. I knocked on the bathroom door and said I want to speak with him when he's done. Well, I gave him an earful, took my dog and went back to my parents. I went to fetch my stuff later that day, and that was it.

What I'm trying to say is, if you allow them to walk all over you, they will keep doing it. It's time to put your big boy pants on and tell them that either they get their shit together, find jobs and start helping out around the house, or they must find someone else to mother them. There's no sugar-coating things when someone is so used to doing fuck-all. I know it's hard, but don't you think you deserve better? Tell them to shape up or ship out. It's that simple. You are supporting yourself and TWO other people. So if you kick them out, then you will have just yourself to worry about with regards to taking care of basic needs, etc. Don't allow them to run your life this way. You deserve better dude (*hug*)

11. Simple Thoughts

I'll be sure to keep that in mind.

Sadly I'm not the assertive type though. They did end up helping out with the cleaning which is great. The whole house looks awesome right now, it was long overdue but now everything looks amazing as heck.

I just hope they can find work soon. I really cannot afford everything on my own, we're starting to fall behind on bills which is not a good thing at all. If one of them doesn't get a job we won't have a place to stay for too much longer. >.>