1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I feel hopeless.

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Alexrocks1253, Aug 15, 2016.

1. Alexrocks1253

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I want to date, but I have to wait until school starts and I make friends. I want someone who actually puts work into the relationship. (Actually starts conversations, likes me for me, and is trustworthy.) I feel like that this kind of person is impossible to find. I feel like it shouldn't be stressing me out, but it seriously is.

#1 Alexrocks1253, Aug 15, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2016
  2. Blood Elf

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You're young, you have plenty of time. I had a friend in high school, it killed him, he wanted a girlfriend so bad. I look at him now, he's with a girl, and I've never seen him happier. There is someone out there for you, just don't give up.

Good luck!

3. EleanorHunter

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The good thing about dating is that there really isn't a rush, especially at your age. There are definitely people out there who are like you and who you mix well with. The important thing is letting them know some of the things you appreciate and need from a relationship, so they're not left guessing or trying to read your mind.

Honestly, the best advice I can give is don't rush into relationships for the sake of having one. That'll just make you miserable. Let things happen in reasonable time. :icon_wink

4. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! One thing that could help is indeed waiting for school to start again, and maybe even trying to create some more friendships. It is not impossible to find someone who meets the things you are looking for, but it could take a while.

From your location it seems that you are in Madrid, Spain. Are there any youth groups specifically for LGBTQ* youth that you could join? Sometimes, joining a group can help in not only making friends but also finding someone, and getting to know them. As it was mentioned above, try not to rush into finding someone. Always make sure that the relationship you are building is fulfilling what you are looking for and need. :slight_smile:

5. Alexrocks1253

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Ok. Thanks for the advice!