1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Left earlobe hurts when removing/inserting stud earring

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by crystallight268, Aug 15, 2016.

1. crystallight268

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So I've recently gotten both my ears pierced on July 2nd and I've left both of them in my ears for six weeks before I started removing them. I've just started removing them on August 14th so like 2-3 days. The problem is when I remove or reinsert my left stud into my left earlobe it hurts. When i reinsert it i can feel it poking the other end as im putting it in. The pain started as soon as I started removing them for the first time. Its just my left ear tho. I can remove and reinsert my right one with no problem what so ever. My theory is that probably my left earlobe hasn't finished opening up yet but idk. Has anyone else experienced this problem? If so, we should I do? On a scale of 1-10 when removing it my pain is a 4. When reinserting it my pains a 2.

P.S. While my studs were in my ears for the six weeks I kept peroxide on them and twisted both the back and front left to right 5 times. There will be some days where I did forget to put my peroxide on or I would and not twist them for hours after.

2. Shorthaul

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It could be the left one has not fully healed yet or maybe a tiny infection. Is the area around the piercing red or feel more sensitive? Might have your mother or a sibling take a look at the back side of the ear, just to see if it is healed or red.

Also where did you get your ears pierced at? It could matter as places like the stores in malls use cheap metal. It might be a little bit of a metal allergy, and is only affecting one ear because that stud's gold plating isn't as good as the other. Clean them both off really well and look for nicks or fades, if you don't see anything obvious than this likely isn't the problem.