1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suddenly want to have kids?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by SpaceTraveller, Aug 16, 2016.

1. SpaceTraveller

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't know if it is the right place to ask, but empty closets is the only place that comes to my mind to discuss such stuff. If I asked my family they would go crazy. And if it is the wrong subforum, please, dont hesitate to move this topic, mods.

So I have always hated babies, ha ha, I stick with the guys, I might be somewhat genderqueer, I always prided myself in being a fierce feminist, I love sport. But recently somehow, some feeling keeps on coming to me, you know. Past year or so. First, I wanted to wear skirts and dresses, I began liking make-up and I started doing nails. That's a bizarre change, you know? I feel... Like a female? I don't know how to put it otherwise. For a really long time, it was not really the case.

And it recently reached an apogeum. I keep on daydreaming about setting up a family and I make horny sweet eyes to men, I want to be submissive. But. I still fell somewhat disgusted with babies. What the hell happened? I always saw it as so unnatural and oppressive when other women behaved this way. And now I am doing this. I feel like Bella from Twillight. It's so strange.

And another question. If I do fall in love with someone and we have kids, in, say, two years, me being 20 right now, wouldn't that be too early? I have always been a good student and everything. Of course, provided that both of us would have jobs, enough money and so on. And what would everyone say? I have so many quite older cousins, none of them have kids. Even this feminine girl cousin who paints nails whole days and always has a boyfriend. I was the last person you would think would want kids. My friends would freak out too that I'm some conservative mother of god. Don't mean to offend anyone, but it's not what's popular among my friends.

---------- Post added 16th Aug 2016 at 12:31 AM ----------

Well, don't mind me, I probably am too young and should have some fun before. But the feeling is new and strange.

---------- Post added 16th Aug 2016 at 12:47 AM ----------

On the other hand, I feel like my body is really strong right now, I had such a difficult year, I lost so much weight, fell so ill, and recovered so quickly and easily that I cant even believe it. I feel like if I have children young, then it will probably be much easier, I feel like I could like, I could give a couple of births and feel refreshed xD. I am also afraid that this motherly feeling can pass if I wait until 30... My vigour and eagerness could also disappear by then... I feel like I could take it right now, in the next couple of years.

2. Ruby Dragon

Ruby Dragon Well-Known Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Don't have kids. Rather get a dog. That way, you'll only need to pick up after it once a week :grin: :lol:

In all seriousness though, you're still young. Sure, you might "grow out of wanting children" but don't rush into it. Just like you feel you might lose the feeling of wanting kids, you could also have a child or two now, and resent THEM when you're older. Having kids is not just a 24/7 18-year long commitment, it's FOR LIFE! (Either yours, or theirs). And kids cost money. Lots of it. And have to get an education, go to college, etc. Don't just get stuck on "I want a baby" because babies grow up, and require lots of care, patience and commitment. Hope this helped a little bit :slight_smile:

3. SpaceTraveller

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    ^^This is what I thought for X years and why I thought I will never have kids

---------- Post added 16th Aug 2016 at 03:43 AM ----------

And I think I should clarify... I am rather the overresponsible type of person than the one who doesn't know consequences of things

---------- Post added 16th Aug 2016 at 03:54 AM ----------

"Me" was never a thing as I was growing up. It was others, family, friends...

---------- Post added 16th Aug 2016 at 03:54 AM ----------

"Me" was never a thing as I was growing up. It was others, family, friends...