1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Past words are still affecting me

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Cow, Aug 16, 2016.

1. Cow

Cow

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Last year, this straight guy, and the fact that he was straight is actually important, tried to tell ME a LESBIAN how being gay worked...and basically tried to tell me that it didn't exist.

This STRAIGHT GUY tried to tell this GAY GIRL how being gay worked. Now, I have the evidence to prove him wrong i.e. kissing a girl and feeling like the world was perfect, but I have anxiety disorder...and even though it's medicated, it still sometimes seeps through.

I just get so scared- and I know it's ridiculous because, since I've been on my meds, I've had no doubts about myself.

His exact words were, "every person feels like that when they're younger."
    He was actually still trying to convince me after I told him I kissed a girl and loved it, that I've dated a girl, etc. Later down the line a mutual of ours told me that that same guy liked me...so basically all he was trying to do was get in my pants.

Anyone else ever had something like this happen?

2. bubbles123

bubbles123 Guest

Nothing specifically like that, more so just the general messages of homophobic society and being raised around Catholic people. But that really sucks, and if you're feeling that way, you're not being ridiculous. He is being ridiculous. He obviously has no idea how his words can affect people and that he's an ass who, hmm, actually doesn't know everything as he probably thinks.
    You don't deserve that hate and those negative comments. He doesn't deserve to be in your life. You are you and you know what you feel. Don't let him get in your head, because he doesn't even deserve that!

---------- Post added 16th Aug 2016 at 08:33 PM ----------

And for all we know, he could be thinking that way because deep, down, he's in serious denial about same sex attraction he experiences. That, or he's just an ignorant ass who's listened to homophobic people too much growing up. Neither case makes him qualified to give a gay person advice on what he thinks they're actually feeling.