1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FTM top surgery

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by dianarpadilla, Aug 16, 2016.

1. dianarpadilla

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hi all, I am here to ask something about a top surgery. I just wanna remove my breasts which are over-hanging and large in size. I have fixed an appointment to undergo FTM top surgery. What about my menstrual cycle after the surgery? I have heard that top surgery will not make any problems in menstrual cycle when bottom surgery does. But I am wondered, that how will it be possible? I am totally confused and scared:confused: . Has any of you undergone FTM top surgery? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

#1 dianarpadilla, Aug 16, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2016
  2. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Top surgery alone should not affect meunstral cycle at all (so far as I know). Though if you took Testosterone for HRT then that would eventually stop it.

If you have concerns, I would recommend talking to your doctor about it. They should have briefed you on everything during the scheduling process, though if not, the information should be readily available upon request.

3. LeticiaTheLesbo

Top surgery shouldn't radically change your period, if it changes it at all.