1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mixed signals

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by The Black Stig, Aug 17, 2016.

1. The Black Stig

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi everyone first time poster long time reader.

Ive been mostly single for the past year, my most recent ex has been trying but the third time around I literally just dont care for him.. but he is not the topic of discussion.

About a two years ago I was window shopping on ****** and I ran into a guy (whom we will call leo) Leo and I shared some similar minds, but he met a guy fairly quickly and started dating as so did I. So we lost contact. Fast forward to about four months ago we ran into each other on snap chat of all places and we talked and took pictures and such (nothing sexual) eventually we swapped phone numbers, (admittedly he was always easier to get ahold of him on S.C.). Then the past two months we have been hanging out in person and I have to admit.... I am attracted to him and I literally cant stop thinking about him. We are both really into cars and we have alot of similar interests. And for the most part I think we would mesh well if we were to date...

Now here is the problem, im not sure he likes me in that manner and but more importantly I would not want to ruin our friendship trying. But he is a mixed ball of signals, like we could hang out one night and he would send me messages afterwards like how much of a good person he thinks I am and the type of people he does not like But sometimes I'll try to flirt with and either its flying over his head/ignoring it, sometimes he will makes a joke out of it. Some days I wont here from him (im a one reply person and wait) But here is were it took unique curve, he has a road trip setup for the end of the month, and he tells me all about and then ask me to go with him, to be honest I hesitated and said let me think about it, and he replied with a very sad "ok" to my credit it is four days and we never been together for longer than a day. But after DAY I agreed to go with him.

Help me out? Does he like me or am I reading to much into our friendship?

Fyi if it matters hes white and I am black.

2. PatrickUK

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, it doesn't matter that he is white and you are black, so let's park that issue straight away. The only time it will matter, is if it matters to either of you (and it shouldn't).

Go on the trip and see how things develop while you spend more time together. Sometimes, it helps to confirm feelings when you spend more time with someone. He clearly wants to have your company... why else would he ask you? The road trip may only strengthen your friendship, but even if that's all that happens, it's a good result, right?

3. ScottDavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    good luck mate

4. The Black Stig

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    It doesnt matter to me, but this is America and racism is still a thing, id honestly rather be told the reason why you wont date me is because im fat and not becuase im black, but sadly ive been told the latter to my face.

Anyways thanks for the advice it really helps, Im excited for the trip but ive finally calmed down a lot and Im just going to let nature run its course. I always feel like I rush into things and this time I wont.