1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lack of motivation

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Rainbow Lantern, Aug 17, 2016.

1. Rainbow Lantern

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    For the last couple days I've felt almost emotionless (less so at the moment though - still not much emotion but more than before I guess) and have lacked the motivation to do most things. I just have not wanted to do anything. I've barely even said anything. Maybe I'll start doing something or want to do something but I won't go through with it. I was even debating making this thread for a couple days. The most I've done is go to the mall with my sister and even then I got frustrated and mad and wanted to leave (but then again I'm always like that at malls - because I hate shopping and people make me nervous). I've also felt almost emotionless... does anyone else ever feel that way? Right now I guess I'm fine I'm just not really doing anything so what really is there to feel but sometimes I just feel nothing except the occasional laugh or anger which doesn't always even surface (like a couple days ago). And other times I'll get really mad at the littlest thing. My sister's voice ticked me off (she was telling me about something on some website she saw as she always does - it always annoys me but more than usual today)! And I got really mad at her last night just because she was getting snippy with me for taking too long to get ready to go home from my dad's place. And not just annoyed like really angry - I genuinely hated her for the duration I was mad. Which makes me feel like a ridiculous and awful person who complains about nothing. I don't understand why I feel this way... Anyways sorry for that ramble (especially if you read that whole thing - usually I try to reread my posts and fix them up but I just really don't want to right now which makes me feel lazy but I am just so unmotivated...) I don't really know what I'm expecting people to say to that but oh well. I just needed to get that down (and maybe get some input because I do not understand myself or my emotions).

2. BenFreeman

Feeling numb and emotionless can be a sign of depression. but it depends also how long thats been going on for. Then again ...maybe you just need time to be alone ...time for contemplation....time for your soul to be still...time to hibernate...
    I would say just go with it. If people are irritating you give yourself some time out to be on your own. Eventually your (e)motivations should germinate.
    best wishes

3. Rainbow Lantern

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Thanks for the response - that's good advice. Have a nice day :slight_smile:.

4. Blood Elf

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You definitely sound like myself, and because of that, you sound like you're dealing with quite a bit of depression. Go find some things that you enjoy doing, you possibly won't have the motivation to do so (happens to me a lot) but just do them, and you may feel better. Like for me, it's music. It's not a permanent solution, but it's harmless and helps for the time being.

I also find either being alone, or finding someone to talk to helps, depending on the circumstances of the current state (Currently alone? Talk to someone. Around people? Get some alone time).

Then of course, maybe try to seek some counseling/therapy? Talk to your parents about it, depression is no joke, I've been living with it for about my entire life.

Good luck!

#4 Blood Elf, Aug 21, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2016
  5. Rainbow Lantern

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Thanks for the advice :slight_smile:. Sometimes when I'm feeling weird I like listening to music too (or doing lyrical type dancing). I actually am going to see a therapist this year (mostly because of how anxious I get in general and in social situations) so maybe I should bring this up.

Have a great day!